PDA

View Full Version : Descriptions from Renny Doyle line are vague & misleading at best

Pages : [1] 2

LashingStanley
10-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like no one is talking about these new products? I feel like the Jay Leno Car Care line was actually talked about and promoted more than either of these lines. Why isn`t Renny posting tons of videos on youtube showing how awesome his new line of products are or engaging in the Autopia forum talking about what makes them better than other products on the market and sending out free samples because he`s confident we`ll have to buy his products after we try them?

I can`t imagine many guys spending their hard earned money on these products as of right now? As a professional detailer I`m certainly intrigued and love trying new compounds but Renny`s new ego maker compound says this in the description "apply sufficient product to lubricate and provide sufficient cleaning" which seems like a very strange instructions to me.

I`ve read the product description several times and as far as I can tell it may actually be non-abrasive like poorboys pro-polish?

Rather than saying "advanced abrasive technology" the compound just say "advanced technology"

They actually have replaced the term "abrasive" or "abraid" with words like "Cleans"

It also doesn`t say anything about the level of sanding marks it removes. Almost ALL compounds say "removes 1200 grit sanding marks" or "removes 1500 grit sanding marks"

The Ego Maker compound just says "removes sanding marks" lol

Mike lambert
10-01-2017, 09:38 PM
I also find it strange that a man so adept at marketing hasn`t done more?

dcjredline
10-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Call him and ask, Im sure he will tell you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about himself...oh you are asking about the products. Well he will still prolly tell you all about himself. lol

nothingface5384
10-01-2017, 10:37 PM
His stiff has been out for a long time
Joint venture with P&S
Ive always had to buy it through detailing dot com

Glad its now carried here

I`ve only used the bead maker and the peroxide interior cleaner
Didn`t buy whole interior system as ive already had meguiars pro setup
And peroxide was cheaper than odor Terminator

LashingStanley
10-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Call him and ask, Im sure he will tell you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about himself...oh you are asking about the products. Well he will still prolly tell you all about himself. lol

This is the funniest post I`ve ever read on AG or Autopia forums. I nearly choked on my glass of water.

You bring up a LOT of good points

House of Wax
10-01-2017, 11:37 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

This is kinda where I`m at with most new stuff. I`m in a place where I`m trying to use up my stock of everything I already have and have kinda settled in on a few different products.

Legacykid
10-02-2017, 10:11 PM
I can not speak for the descriptions but the products work really well. Ive been using bead maker for well over a year now and I think it is one of the best spray sealants on the market. This is only my opinion of course.

Pearl shampoo and Bead Maker are used in my shop daily.

Definitely worth trying these products out, I have videos on my youtube reviewing these two atleast.

Donnnyyyyyy!!!!

Legacykid
10-02-2017, 10:12 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

This is kinda where I`m at with most new stuff. I`m in a place where I`m trying to use up my stock of everything I already have and have kinda settled in on a few different products.

I am with you on this one! Im still trying things I bought 2 years ago lol.

dcjredline
10-03-2017, 12:39 AM
This is the funniest post I`ve ever read on AG or Autopia forums. I nearly choked on my glass of water.

You bring up a LOT of good points

:D

dcjredline
10-03-2017, 12:42 AM
Donnnyyyyyy!!!!

Sorry Eric. I know he`s yer boy. I can`t help myself. I should be a fan of his being he was a Marine (I Think, at least in the service) but I just cant bring myself to do it. I DO HOWEVER TRUST YOUR OPINION THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE GOOD! I have posted on AG that you say they are great and I have personally seen your work and will vouch for it.

Accumulator
10-03-2017, 01:36 PM
INSERT the and as/where you think appropriate:

Gee, seems like everybody has their own Detailing Product Line these days.

Gee#2, all those different products are truly special, huh?

Gee#3, everybody still uses certain words in, uhm...inventive ways.

512detail
10-03-2017, 03:28 PM
he needs to partner with chemical guys marketing dept. then we can really read some claims :)

Accumulator
10-03-2017, 03:31 PM
he needs to partner with chemical guys marketing dept. then we can really read some claims :)
Claims like the ol` "removes [whatever grit] sanding scratches", huh? ;) Can`t think of too many products that ever removed what they claimed for *me* unless I was hammering away with a rotary, and sometimes not even then.

512detail
10-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Claims like the ol` "removes [whatever grit] sanding scratches", huh? ;) Can`t think of too many products that ever removed what they claimed for *me* unless I was hammering away with a rotary, and sometimes not even then.

16 different compounds and six versions of bead maker
all with cool designs on the bottle
:)

Accumulator
10-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Heh heh, IMO a few lines are guilty of that, uhm....Excessive Choices...but I guess somebody must appreciate each and every one of `em or they`d just discontinue a few.

EDIT: Hey, that "Cool Design"...wonder if anybody remembers the old Classic line, great images of cool old classic cars, gotta admit that appealed to my teenaged self way back when :o Now I`ve come full-circle, preferring the "just the partnumbers, please" approach.