PDA

View Full Version : What’s wrong with Optimum Poli Seal??

Mr. Slick
10-01-2017, 04:08 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171001/01425f7fb380cdf29ea3d034a449f9d7.jpg

So no matter how much I shake it it’s permanently separated. I guess just get a different AIO and forget about it? Anyone else still use Poli Seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

atgonzales
10-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Let OPT know and see if they can replace it for so you are not on the product, I’m they wil make it right for you

NLove
10-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Mine did the same thing. It was in their old style bottle though with a cap that didn’t really seal the bottle well. I figured it was exposed to air and the product went bad. After seeing this post and the same thing happened, maybe the bottle wasn’t the issue. I ended up tossing mine out, the bottle was almost full and I was pretty bummed.

Dan
10-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Optimum stuff is great but I`ve noticed the polishes separate after a few years.

tropicsteve
10-01-2017, 08:16 PM
had that problem years ago when my bottle sat too long and really haven`t used it since. the acc website states a new formula is coming out soon, maybe it`ll be better.

Mr. Slick
10-01-2017, 08:33 PM
I’ve only had this a few months and haven’t used it much. Not sure if I’d want a replacement if it will do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LashingStanley
10-01-2017, 09:05 PM
had that problem years ago when my bottle sat too long and really haven`t used it since. the acc website states a new formula is coming out soon, maybe it`ll be better.

ACC has said this for MONTHS now. I contacted optimum because I`m a big fan of poli-seal and they said that they don`t have plans of releasing the new formula and to use GPS instead. :(

Pats300zx
10-02-2017, 07:35 AM
I had this happen to two bottles of Poli-Seal that I had. One Optimum had replaced and the second bottle did the same thing :(

Setec Astronomy
10-02-2017, 08:20 AM
I know there was a time when OPT changed over to the water-based formulation for their stuff and this was happening, but that was a LONG time ago and that`s a pretty new bottle. And besides, that looks like some butter/herb seafood dip...WTH? I wouldn`t want to have whatever is growing in there on my hands etc. I`m glad my old little bottle of Poliseal is clear, and it`s still fine, anyway.

MattPersman
10-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Mine all did that I had an older 32 oz white bottle from probably 10 years ago whenever it first came out then 2 newer 8 oz clear bottles and did the same thing. Not getting anymore of those needless to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milky
10-02-2017, 02:35 PM
I’ve always had that experience with Optimum polishes. I’ve messaged them several times and was told that it was exposed to heat- send them back to ACC/AG but as it happened a handful of times and at different times too (because I never learn, even with smaller bottles), going back and forth just wasn’t worth it. I had to bin 2 gallons each of Opt polish, poliseal, and compound.

Setec Astronomy
10-02-2017, 06:19 PM
I’ve always had that experience with Optimum polishes. I’ve messaged them several times and was told that it was exposed to heat- send them back to ACC/AG but as it happened a handful of times and at different times too (because I never learn, even with smaller bottles), going back and forth just wasn’t worth it. I had to bin 2 gallons each of Opt polish, poliseal, and compound.

I`ve asked before if the PBMG warehouse is air conditioned, but never got an answer, so I presume that it isn`t. Of course, as I understand it, the OPT warehouse isn`t, either, but it`s a bit further north. I personally haven`t had these problems, but I`ve previously decided if I order any more OPT stuff I`m going to order it direct just to make sure it`s as fresh as possible. Of course then you have to pay list price and no sales, but I think they still have free shipping over $75.