PDA

View Full Version : Can McKee`s 37 wheel coating be layered? Can I use it on my door jambs?

MStarmer
09-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Wife got a new Lexus (pure white) a couple of months ago and the brake dust is horrible! I`ve never really used any coatings before as I`m normally just a AIO kind of guy for paint and wheels. When looking for wheel cleaners I found the McKee`s wheel coating so I bought the wheel cleaner and it. Wheels came out extremely clean so after drying them I applied the coating. It was hard to see exactly what I had coated and not so I basically did 2 coats to ensure adequate coverage. Now I`m wondering if I could go out and do an additional coating or if I should just leave it be? I was almost tempted to wax over it just for a little extra but I`m thinking that`s probably defeating the purpose of the coating.

And as a side note, they state there is enough in the bottle to do 200 wheels... Yeah well I only have a fraction of that so I was wondering what else I could use it on? I really wanted to give it a try in the door jambs, any thoughts?

Thanks!

The Guz
09-25-2017, 12:12 PM
I think you are good as far as what you have already applied to the wheels.

I can`t tell from your description if you just coated the faces or also the barrels of the wheels. If not then coating the barrels is a good idea. You could probably use it on the calipers if they are painted and even the exhaust tips.

MStarmer
09-25-2017, 12:41 PM
I didn`t do the barrels as I`d have to pull the wheels for that and I just don`t have the time to do it. I may do the barrels of my truck as it has 20" wheels and big openings.

MStarmer
09-26-2017, 09:12 AM
How about doorjambs? Anyone? Bueller......

SGM2008
09-26-2017, 09:24 AM
How about doorjambs? Anyone? Bueller......

It`s my understanding wheel coatings are formulated with a higher heat resistance than regular paint coatings.

That being said, I don`t see any reason why it couldn`t be applied to door jambs.