PDA

View Full Version : SONAX care pad for plastic.

PA DETAILER
09-21-2017, 11:25 AM
SONAX Care Pad for Plastic (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sonax-plastic-care-pad.html#.WcPm_LpFxjo)

Last order just arrived. I added this and wanted it since it first came out. Does not look like much, but after looking it over what a quality applicator! This will be used on my interior in conjunction with McKess 37 Interior surface protectant.

BadgerRivFan
09-21-2017, 06:58 PM
It will work perfect...

I have 3 and use them with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel to clean everything in my interior.

Very pleased with these pads.

dcjredline
09-21-2017, 11:55 PM
DAMN! For $8 a piece they outta wipe the product on themselves. Too rich for my blood.

Tc99m
09-22-2017, 09:48 AM
I get something very similar at Harbor freight for $0.99. They are 6inches and fairly soft. I would never let them touch my paint. But they work well for interiors and wheels.

They are called "6 in. Microfiber Applicator Pad with Pocket"

https://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33877&stc=1

PA DETAILER
09-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Follow up. Used this Sunday and it did not disappoint. Perfect size and applies the product evenly.

dschribs
09-26-2017, 11:58 AM
I get something very similar at Harbor freight for $0.99. They are 6inches and fairly soft. I would never let them touch my paint. But they work well for interiors and wheels.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33877&stc=1

Me too!!

dschribs
09-26-2017, 12:02 PM
It will work perfect...

I have 3 and use them with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel to clean everything in my interior.

Very pleased with these pads.

Question - Do you wipe down the surfaces w anything after using the Ultima? Do you dilute it? I used it on some interior parts of my TA and it left a nasty sticky residue. Hated it!

BadgerRivFan
09-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Question - Do you wipe down the surfaces w anything after using the Ultima? Do you dilute it? I used it on some interior parts of my TA and it left a nasty sticky residue. Hated it!

Nope, just mist the Sonax applicator pad and wipe. No issues with residue whatsoever.

I usually follow up with Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant and then my interior is good to go!

I see Ultima just released an updated version of the Interior Gel which I will definitely try when I`m out of my current batch.

SGM2008
09-26-2017, 01:24 PM
I get something very similar at Harbor freight for $0.99. They are 6 inches and fairly soft. I would never let them touch my paint. But they work well for interiors and wheels.

At 8 pads for the price of 1, it looks like I`ll be stopping into Harbor Freight.

BadgerRivFan
09-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Guess you`ll never buy Polish Angel either...

SGM2008
09-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Guess you`ll never buy Polish Angel either...

Is this in response to my post?

BadgerRivFan
09-27-2017, 05:19 AM
Is this in response to my post?

No. Apologies for what was likely perceived as an inflammatory comment. Not intended to be and I apologize.

Sometimes, product discussion threads turn into a dismissal of the product purely because of it`s price. There`s nothing wrong with posting opinion about a product`s value proposition - but that is subjective, and the discussion is always better if reasons are provided as to why a certain product should be considered a poor value.

In this case the thread kind of turned to insinuating that the Sonax pad being discussed wasn`t a good value because you can buy much cheaper pads at Harbor Freight. That may or may not be true. I really don`t know if the HF product is equivalent to the Sonax pad in performance, durability, and value.

My post was simply a reaction to what I perceived as the whole discussion turning to a dismissal of the Sonax pads based solely on price.

I recognize that just because a product costs more does not mean that it is always better.

I also realize we are talking about a microfiber applicator pad here... and in the grand scheme of things it`s just not that important what type of microfiber pad any of us use to clean and dress our interiors with.

The OP and I shared a similar experience with this particular Sonax product and we both expressed our feelings. Will leave it at that.

SGM2008
09-27-2017, 07:06 AM
My post was simply a reaction to what I perceived as the whole discussion turning to a dismissal of the Sonax pads based solely on price.

I recognize that just because a product costs more does not mean that it is always better.

I also realize we are talking about a microfiber applicator pad here... and in the grand scheme of things it`s just not that important what type of microfiber pad any of us use to clean and dress our interiors with.

And that`s EXACTLY where I was coming from.

For my purposes, I consider the microfiber applicator pads disposable. It`s just too easy for me to get one or two uses out of them and I toss them. While I do love the Sonax line, it`s just not something I would go for if I can get 8 similar pads for the same price.

No offense taken, that`s what this forum is for!