PDA

View Full Version : Putting some Fleet vehicles away for winter, which LSP?

BudgetPlan1
09-19-2017, 06:39 AM
NE Ohio, kinda wanna keep it under $50 for enough for 6-7 vehicles. Have some Collinite 915 but already know what that does.

- FK1000P
- Collinite 915
- Jescar Powerlock
- New McKees Paint Coating
- Gyeon Can Coat (wonder how many Ford Rangers I can get outta a bottle?)
- Something else?

Would prefer an LSP that can be machine applied because, well...I`m lazy.

Could just hose `em down with Wetcoat or has McKees come out with similar?

Will give `em a quick Foam, Decon, probably a quick once over w/ M101 and Flex 3401

Was considering an AIO (instead of compounding) but no HD Speed cuz that`s got no longevity in my experience. McKees 360? Megs 166? How aggressive are those, some of these trucks kinda beat, not going for perfection 70% correction would be fine by me. Looking for quick, low effort.

Anything anyone wants to see how it works/holds up? Trucks will just be parked in back lot from now until March most likely. Would like to try something new to me...

JSFM35X
09-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Based on your list, the only ones I have experience with are Power lock, Can Coat and Collininte

I would opt for the can coat for durability, crazy beading and looks and Colinite for economy and 2nd durability.

I would guess you could get 3 cars minimum out of the can coat aerosol. I have the new pump spray package in my garage but have not used it
I cant speak for the products I have not used.

dcjredline
09-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Hydro Blue would be an option by McKees

trashmanssd
09-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Could try Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meguiars-ultimate-fast-finish.html#.WcE6_MiGOM8) and see how you like it. I tried it for inlaws car but have no clue how long it lasted I just used ti because its easy and cheep.

trashmanssd
09-19-2017, 10:50 AM
If I wanted to do a machine wax I would try Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax 15 oz. (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/finish-kare-hi-temp.html#.WcE8l8iGOM8) , i have never heard anything bad about it and its cheap.

Accumulator
09-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Regulars here know what I`d recommend for the LSP (trashmanssd beat me to it anyhow :D ), and FWIW for an AIO I`d use Zaino`s.

BudgetPlan1
09-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Based on your list, the only ones I have experience with are Power lock, Can Coat and Collininte

I would opt for the can coat for durability, crazy beading and looks and Colinite for economy and 2nd durability.

I would guess you could get 3 cars minimum out of the can coat aerosol. I have the new pump spray package in my garage but have not used it
I cant speak for the products I have not used.

Can Coat would be a nice, easy choice; still have some unopened in my cabinet

Hydro Blue would be an option by McKees

Now there`s something I didn`t think of..even easier!

Could try Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meguiars-ultimate-fast-finish.html#.WcE6_MiGOM8) and see how you like it. I tried it for inlaws car but have no clue how long it lasted I just used ti because its easy and cheep.
Perhaps I`ll try two different; from cost perspective, hard to beat.

If I wanted to do a machine wax I would try Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax 15 oz. (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/finish-kare-hi-temp.html#.WcE8l8iGOM8) , i have never heard anything bad about it and its cheap.
Really wanna try this based on everyone saying it`s great.

Regulars here know what I`d recommend for the LSP (trashmanssd beat me to it anyhow :D ), and FWIW for an AIO I`d use Zaino`s.
Did you just actually just utter the `Z`-word?

Crap...I see myself being drawn down the rabbit hole again...

HCF
09-19-2017, 03:17 PM
If you really want to try the Z aio I`ll send you some, think I have a bottle or part of one. Got some Klasse aio also. If you really want to do some testing.

Accumulator
09-20-2017, 11:23 AM
The ZAIO is the only thing of theirs I`ve ever used, other than the old Z16 for my tires. The tiny bit of cut might be beneficial in this case, otherwise I`d just say to use the KAIO because it seems to play nice with most anything. The ZAIO works fine under FK1000P, but I don`t like using it on exterior plastics (prefer the KAIO for that).

I`d dial back my Inner Autopian and aim for the biggest return on time/effort. Wouldn`t use pricey stuff, wouldn`t use anything that`s not user-friendly, wouldn`t use anything that won`t last a long time.

BudgetPlan1
09-20-2017, 12:06 PM
If you really want to try the Z aio I`ll send you some, think I have a bottle or part of one. Got some Klasse aio also. If you really want to do some testing.

Thanks...still have some, it`s the only Z item I saved for some reason...

The ZAIO is the only thing of theirs I`ve ever used, other than the old Z16 for my tires. The tiny bit of cut might be beneficial in this case, otherwise I`d just say to use the KAIO because it seems to play nice with most anything. The ZAIO works fine under FK1000P, but I don`t like using it on exterior plastics (prefer the KAIO for that).

I`d dial back my Inner Autopian and aim for the biggest return on time/effort. Wouldn`t use pricey stuff, wouldn`t use anything that`s not user-friendly, wouldn`t use anything that won`t last a long time.

Hmmm..never used Klasse for anything, could be interesting.

Accumulator
09-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Hmmm..never used Klasse for anything, could be interesting.

IMO it`s handy stuff to have around...pretty much OK on any surface and compatible with any LSP I use. Very user-friendly (use a damp applicator) by hand or machine. Just don`t expect it to last (on its own) or do correction, or fill, or strip polishing oils.

JustJesus
09-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Really wanna try this based on everyone saying it`s great.

It is!