PDA

View Full Version : Gas shortages/gouging

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

grungy
08-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Here in Austin area, we are seeing runs on gas stations like stink on s&%#. Prices are going up as well but not extremely high ... yet. Any observations in other parts of the big ol` TX state? Dallas made the news on CNN and obviously Houston/Beaumont will have issues for weeks due to clean-up once the water recedes.

Ronkh
08-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Price here went up .25-.30 over night...

Saw on news, dallas expects to be out of gas tomorrow.

grungy
08-31-2017, 08:24 PM
I think Austin will be by tonight based on all the lines and closed pumps I saw..except diesel

And... Gasbuddy keeps crashing :(

Ronkh
08-31-2017, 08:29 PM
DFW gas stations may run out of gas due to Harvey | Star-Telegram (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/traffic/gas-prices/article170270997.html)

jrock645
08-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Prices were starting to spike by 30 cents a gallon at some stations in my area in ATL as I left town yesterday. Ill be curious to see where theyre at when I return on Tuesfay.

512detail
08-31-2017, 08:37 PM
i paid 2.89 for 93 earlier

I`m so glad I work from home

nickclark08
08-31-2017, 08:59 PM
It`s self -fulfilling hysteria honestly. The gas supply will get interrupted for a few days until they figure out how to get trucks from other refineries going. While Houston and Louisiana do have a lot of refineries, others exist around the country and as close as Oklahoma. Not to mention the huge surplus of oil ready to be refined, or the huge surplus of already-refined gas ready to be trucked out. The only reason they are running out of gas is because everyone is making them run out of gas. If people would just chill out there would be just a little blip in the supply and everyone would go on their merry way.

512detail
08-31-2017, 09:13 PM
It`s self -fulfilling hysteria honestly. The gas supply will get interrupted for a few days until they figure out how to get trucks from other refineries going. While Houston and Louisiana do have a lot of refineries, others exist around the country and as close as Oklahoma. Not to mention the huge surplus of oil ready to be refined, or the huge surplus of already-refined gas ready to be trucked out. The only reason they are running out of gas is because everyone is making them run out of gas. If people would just chill out there would be just a little blip in the supply and everyone would go on their merry way.
im taking this opportunity to educate folks....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170901/4434cfa1d2bd767218c840cd37a85199.jpg

I got friends in the Allen Texas area they can`t find gas, New Braunfels San Marcos good luck finding gas

nickclark08
08-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah, re-reading my comment I realize it may have been harsh to those that honesty need the gas. But I saw guys in trucks with trailers filling up their vehicles, 5-gallon gas cans, and ATVs/4wheelers. A bunch. The pumps at the small town gas station south of college station were 3-4 deep. Cmon guys. Lol

512detail
08-31-2017, 09:26 PM
yea im not gonna lie, i had no need for gas, I work from home and the grocery store is less than a mile away... but I do have a solid understanding of The Human Condition so I went ahead and got gas before every crazy mofo went and got it all

Between both of my vehicles and my gas cans if anybody needs any gas let me know

The SRT is a mix of 110 and 93! And I`ll be taking a nice Cruise tonight.

grungy
08-31-2017, 09:30 PM
Sitting at 1/4 tank with one more day at the office, I should be ok. Have a trip next week to Cali so will need gas to get to airport and back.

nickclark08
08-31-2017, 09:38 PM
Grungy, you should be alright. Might consider taking a cab or something if it gets super bad. Those guys know how to find gas haha

512detail
08-31-2017, 09:42 PM
Sitting at 1/4 tank with one more day at the office, I should be ok. Have a trip next week to Cali so will need gas to get to airport and back.
what day are you flying out? if im not working i could take you of u have no gas

512detail
08-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Grungy, you should be alright. Might consider taking a cab or something if it gets super bad. Those guys know how to find gas haha
Where do the cabs fill up? I wonder if they have their own tanks.

grungy
08-31-2017, 11:03 PM
what day are you flying out? if im not working i could take you of u have no gas

Brandt - next Thursday, so hopefully there will be tankers before then getting gas into the stations. Insane trying to find gas tonight.. either lines out in major roads or completely closed. You would think it was a gold rush out there. It is in reality - a gas gold rush.