PDA

View Full Version : Regular CQuartz as a second coat, over CQUK

MshawnBauer
08-27-2017, 09:52 PM
I`ve seen a few Facebook posts about it. And I`ve inquired to the posts, but they get lost and I forget where they are, lol. So my question is, have you tried it? What are your thoughts and do you have pics? Have you applied regular Cquartz over CQUK? Since they both have different finish qualities, in theory, your getting the best of both worlds. Thoughts? Please discuss👍 I`ve been a CQUK user for a couple years and have been completely happy with it, but if it can be bette, I`m in! Lol. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

TroyScherer
08-28-2017, 08:47 AM
I will start by sating that I ahve not done this yet.....

But I have put some time and effort into learning and understanding the concept and thought behind this.

The main idea is that CQUK is a slightly harder coating due to higher SiO2 content and also has a deeper wetter look. But CQUK has a little more issue with water spotting. So then using the CQ on top since it has a little more bling and the TiO2 content help to minimize the water spotting issues. In theory if your going to to the 2-layers for full coverage then this is the way to go with the CQ combo.

512detail
08-28-2017, 11:27 AM
just do it!
I`ll top anything for the sake of finding out what will happen

MshawnBauer
08-28-2017, 08:35 PM
just do it!
I`ll top anything for the sake of finding out what will happen

Well I`ll that`s what`s gonna happen anyway, lol. I was just hoping for some motivation to satisfy my curiousity until I have the time to actually do it, lol.

512detail
08-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Well I`ll that`s what`s gonna happen anyway, lol. I was just hoping for some motivation to satisfy my curiousity until I have the time to actually do it, lol.
the sooner you do it the sooner that curiosity gets satisfied...

we`ll need a control panel though, naturally

MshawnBauer
08-29-2017, 05:40 AM
the sooner you do it the sooner that curiosity gets satisfied...

we`ll need a control panel though, naturally

True✊️ review to folllow👍