PDA

View Full Version : Wax on, Wax off = less durabilty?

joyriide1113
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Wax on, Wax off?

I`m falling more and more in love with the look I keep getting with #16 followed by OCW. So rich, it makes any black, look PIANO BLACK!

Only thing is in order to get things done without having to break my arm buffing off, I have to resort to wax on wax off application. I do a panel, and as soon as I`m done applying to the panel, I`ve been immediately removing it. Removes soo much easier and doesn`t really smear around or anything. I then follow with OCW so that I can cover the missed spots where I did not want to get close to with the paste wax ( trim, cracks, ect).

My question is am I comprimising the durabilty of #16. The look is definately there but I have been promising clients 2-3 months minimum with proper maintenance. These are your average car people that wash their cars and dress their own tires with the right stuff, but thats it.

joe.p
06-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Joyride when i used megs #16 i applied the wax paper thin,then let it set up for 5-10 mnts with no removal issues. how long are you letting sit? I have an old thread on this where Budman and others replied. i remember them telling me if Megs#16 sits too long you`ll need a jackhammer to remove it,btw i happen to like it myself. as much as you wax i don`t think you have to worry much about durability :wink:

JeffW
06-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Wax on, Wax off?

I`m falling more and more in love with the look I keep getting with #16 followed by OCW. So rich, it makes any black, look PIANO BLACK!

Only thing is in order to get things done without having to break my arm buffing off, I have to resort to wax on wax off application. I do a panel, and as soon as I`m done applying to the panel, I`ve been immediately removing it. Removes soo much easier and doesn`t really smear around or anything. I then follow with OCW so that I can cover the missed spots where I did not want to get close to with the paste wax ( trim, cracks, ect).

My question is am I comprimising the durabilty of #16. The look is definately there but I have been promising clients 2-3 months minimum with proper maintenance. These are your average car people that wash their cars and dress their own tires with the right stuff, but thats it.

Eeee, IMO that is stretching the limits of it`s durability. Your description, Piano Black, is exactly what that combo looks like.

joyriide1113
06-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Joyride when i used megs #16 i applied the wax paper thin,then let it set up for 5-10 mnts with no removal issues. how long are you letting sit? I have an old thread on this where Budman and others replied. i remember them telling me if Megs#16 sits too long you`ll need a jackhammer to remove it,btw i happen to like it myself. as much as you wax i don`t think you have to worry much about durability :wink:

I`ve been using this on other people`s vehicles. As for me, I throw something on weekly.

Mikeyc
06-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I use W-O-W-O with all my waxes. I`ve never noticed a difference in durability. I would say though that I notice that it seems after buffing I have less wax in my towel when using WOWO compared to if I had let it setup for a while.