PDA

View Full Version : Is iron x safe on csl/exo2?

hawaiidude
08-12-2017, 12:02 AM
My wife`s car has 8 month old csl/exo2 coating. It`s got some weird water stains on it and washing alone doesn`t take it off. I`m thinking iron x might clean it off but is it safe for the coating?

Thanks!!

The Guz
08-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Yes it is.

GTechniq recommends their iron remover as part of a decon wash. So ironx is a similar type of product. It may not remove the spots but it is a good way to remove contaminants that have built up on the coated surface.

hawaiidude
08-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks! I will give it a shot.

512detail
08-14-2017, 10:29 PM
at 8 months you might diminish the exov2 top coat...i know i did

i dont think the iron remover will do much if anything for the water spots

how did it get stained?
ive deliberately tried to sabatoge mine leaving bird poo and water on it for days

hawaiidude
08-22-2017, 08:03 PM
I haven`t gotten around to trying ironx yet. I think the spots/stains came from salt water. we were at a beach house for a week and salt air combined with rain may have caused it. The hood has been through a lot over the years. Water still beads well but there`s weird stains on the paint.

lloydrm
08-22-2017, 09:58 PM
So the stains were there when you applied the coat?

512detail
08-22-2017, 10:21 PM
So the stains were there when you applied the coat?
exov2 had well know water spotting issues..they even advertise v3 as having less issues of the like

I`m surprised mine has never stained

hawaiidude
09-19-2017, 07:41 PM
iron x, as predicted, did nothing for the weird spots.

ANother question, if I polish with essence, does that remove the csl/exo?

The Guz
09-19-2017, 07:52 PM
iron x, as predicted, did nothing for the weird spots.

ANother question, if I polish with essence, does that remove the csl/exo?

Regular essence contains abrasives and that will remove some, if not all of the coating.

Essence plus is non abrasive and will not remove the coating. It will fill in minor swirling. Not sure if it will work on those water stains.

Maybe a water spot remover to chemically attack them. Some try a vinegar mixture.