PDA

View Full Version : Are Old Threads Not Working?

Setec Astronomy
07-26-2017, 07:10 PM
For some reason today I thought about (Jeff`s) Werkstat and went to their site. I remembered it seemed like they were transitioning from the Werkstat site to a Carlack US site, but in trying to find the Carlack US site I stumbled across a thread I started about that in 2014. But it was in archive mode. Since I wanted to add some new information, I tried to go to regular mode, which gave me an error.

Then I came to the site and searched on "Werkstat" and found the thread, only it won`t open: https://www.autopia.org/forums/everything-else/46473-werkstat.html?highlight=werkstat

Does it work for anybody else? Is this the way it`s going to be for old threads? Win 10/Chrome if that matters.

mobiledynamics
07-26-2017, 08:17 PM
2014 seems pretty recent. Not that my below comments may help ?

I do recall OLD threads or users from the prior forum that got intergrated, had some funky username format.

Ronkh
07-27-2017, 04:49 AM
Won`t work if there is an apostrophe in the title

Setec Astronomy
07-27-2017, 05:14 AM
Won`t work if there is an apostrophe in the title

Ha ha, that`s it Ron! They never fixed that?

Ronkh
07-27-2017, 05:29 AM
Ha ha, that`s it Ron! They never fixed that?

Nope. The "temp" fix was to reverse the `
so current stuff works

SuperBee364
08-20-2019, 10:49 AM
2014 seems pretty recent. Not that my below comments may help ?

I do recall OLD threads or users from the prior forum that got intergrated, had some funky username format.

Having just returned to the forums after a rather lengthy (and unplanned) hiatus, all of my old posts are by a fine fellow by the name of "Imported_SuperBee364". Is there a way I can combine my split personality somehow?

GearHead_1
08-20-2019, 05:24 PM
I think Liz@Autopia can fix this for you. I sent her a PM and made her aware of your desire.

Liz@Autopia
08-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Having just returned to the forums after a rather lengthy (and unplanned) hiatus, all of my old posts are by a fine fellow by the name of "Imported_SuperBee364". Is there a way I can combine my split personality somehow?

I think I got you sorted out SuperBee364. Let me know if you are still seeing old posts under that other ID.

SuperBee364
08-21-2019, 11:33 AM
I think I got you sorted out SuperBee364. Let me know if you are still seeing old posts under that other ID.

Thanks, it does look like my PM`s got sorted out, but only a hundred or so of my old posts came across. My old account had around 2.7k posts. It`s not *that* big of a deal, but I did have a few threads I had made that I`d like to refer back to. One of which was kind of important to me, as it had to do with regenerating water de-ionizing resin for use in a CR-Spotless. I also had a few threads about spraying on coatings using an airbrush...

Ah well, not that big of a thing. :)

Liz@Autopia
08-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Thanks, it does look like my PM`s got sorted out, but only a hundred or so of my old posts came across. My old account had around 2.7k posts. It`s not *that* big of a deal, but I did have a few threads I had made that I`d like to refer back to. One of which was kind of important to me, as it had to do with regenerating water de-ionizing resin for use in a CR-Spotless. I also had a few threads about spraying on coatings using an airbrush...

Ah well, not that big of a thing. :)

Ah, I see it actually looks like there were two accounts as "Imported_SuperBee364" . I had only merged one, but I just merged the other one too. Hopefully that will get you back up and running.

rlmccarty2000
08-21-2019, 12:16 PM
I clicked on this thread and started to read through and saw those posts from Ron and my heart sank.

SuperBee364
08-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Ah, I see it actually looks like there were two accounts as "Imported_SuperBee364" . I had only merged one, but I just merged the other one too. Hopefully that will get you back up and running.
Yup, that did it. Thank you very much. :)

I clicked on this thread and started to read through and saw those posts from Ron and my heart sank.
As did mine. :(

Tc99m
08-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Same here.