PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have ONE product post Polish refinement......

mobiledynamics
07-15-2017, 08:18 PM
If you could only have ONE product post polish refinement......what would it be ?

Hydr02 would be the one product for me.

Time change, priorities change....but I gotta say, Hydr02 has been such timesaver for me. Since late winter of this year, I`ve literally just been topping off every 5-6 weeks. 1.5 oz of product/diluted to 10-11oz in a spray bottle and it`s enough coverage for both me and the wifes cars with enough leftover for a ~double application spray~ for the wheels and rear bumper/bumper valences where the majority of crap just tends to go. It keeps all these areas clean/cleaner then ever before. After 5 weeks, it`s still going strong, but at 1.5oz for every 5 weeks, I`m not really crunching the #`s on cost per product...

In all fairness, the current LSP on the paint has a coating, so Hydr02 is sitting on it.
The wheels have only Hydr02.
We drove through some serious rain yesterday.
I was pretty surprised on how clean the wheels and paint was prior to washing (aka, I was expecting film and the usual muck the wheels get with rainwater). Since I`m been topping off LSP/spray/rinse LSP topper this year, it`s noticeable enough that the daily drivers are staying cleaner ever than anytime I can think to date !

512detail
07-15-2017, 08:39 PM
I`ve thought about this recently.

I`d go with Polish Angel Rapidwaxx for these reasons:

After polishing I don`t like to wash the vehicle. I have spent a lot of money and time trying to avoid making a mess but sometimes I do have to use a rw soaked towel after compounding.

I`ve used Rapidwaxx on paint, trim , glass and even matte with great success.

Is it the cheapest choice? No, but I`m personally not a big fan of the spray and rinse off products (for anything other than wheels or maybe a front end).

Hydro2lite is my favorite so I`d imagine I`d like hydr02 better but I always seem to get streaking on the glass no matter how quickly I rinse it.

mobiledynamics
07-15-2017, 08:59 PM
512 -

In my mind or endgoal (if one is attainable), is a truley touchless regimine post polishing/LSP.
Aka, no touch/mechanical agitation needed for washing. The Hydr02 does add some brownie points in my book for no touch application as well. Every time one touches the paint, there is a possibilty of instilling micro-marring.

Heh, the key with application is 2 fold. Pick a overcast day. Especially around this time of the year.
Wash car the night before...so that when you wake up at 6 AM, you can apply with no worries of hot windows/potential streaks.

512detail
07-15-2017, 09:05 PM
512 -

In my mind or endgoal (if one is attainable), is a truley touchless regimine post polishing/LSP.
Aka, no touch/mechanical agitation needed for washing. The Hydr02 does add some brownie points in my book for no touch application as well. Every time one touches the paint, there is a possibilty of instilling micro-marring.

Heh, the key with application is 2 fold. Pick a overcast day. Especially around this time of the year.
Wash car the night before...so that when you wake up at 6 AM, you can apply with no worries of hot windows/potential streaks.
I know...I just can`t help myself.
Must waste wax

It`s like telling me to drive the speed limit.
I know I should.

danlc95
07-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Rupes 808, or Optimum Car Wax.

Accumulator
07-16-2017, 11:30 AM
FK1000P- Apply a few coats and then just wash it for ages, with zero concern for bugs/birds or anything else. Don`t even have to wash very often as long as we have a few hard rains now and then.

BudgetPlan1
07-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Overcoat.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dwhite0960
07-16-2017, 03:03 PM
I`d go with either infinite force field or force field pro great products. Application is a dream