PDA

View Full Version : buffing glass

Swaptrex
06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
i wondered if anyone buffs glass with a pc using rain-x or something similar? i want rain water to sheet off and cannot get good enough results by hand.

cwcad
06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I go over my windows with AIO or any Zaino product. Poorboy`s ProPolish is another one that will work on your windows. After application of any of those products I maintain the widows with S&W, S&G, Z6, or Z8. Or any QD that strikes your fancy. The ones mentioned are what I would/do use.

I use the PC with a finishing pad on speed three with the polishes that I mentioned.

Krodad
06-24-2006, 09:50 PM
I`m a newb, so don`t trust what say as if I know what I`m talking about, but I used Klasse AIO on the glass with the pc, then hand applied the SG, and it appears to work better than a fresh application of rain-x, and I can only assume that it will last longer. The bug splatters rinse off very easily, but they do leave a VERY slight ghosting that I take care of with a thinned down application of the SG from a spray bottle.

Before the AIO, I polished the glass with a cutting pad and Meg`s scratch-x, and it worked great, though I probably did not need to get that aggressive. I had some water spots I wanted to remove.