PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed - Poorboys Black Hole - Collinite 845

BadgerRivFan
06-19-2017, 10:19 AM
One of my good friends owns a black `07 Mustang GT convertible that is used for a summer fun & sun car. He is far from an "Autopian," and the car is a dull and lifeless swirled out mess. He`s currently in Mexico on vacation with his family, so I offered to freshen up his car for him while he was gone to improve the appearance and provide some protection.

So far I`ve completed a decon wash, clay, cleaned and protected the wheels and fabric top, and buffed out the entire car with HD Speed using my BOSS G15 w/BOSS orange correcting pads. It turned out really nice and is a huge improvement (sorry, I`m at work and can`t upload pictures) over where I started. I had initially intended on just doing a one-step and calling it good, but have decided that I`m going to apply one coat of Collinite 845 to give him a little more protection to get through the balance of the summer.

Which leads me to my question... I`ve got a practically full bottle of Poorboys Black Hole just sitting in my detailing cabinet. I could put a coat of Black Hole on top of the Speed, and then top it all off with some 845. Good idea or waste of time? What say you? In hindsight I probably should have just polished instead of using an AIO, but I had never used Speed before and wanted to give it a try. It`s an impressive product and was really easy to use.

Also, I know HD Poxy would be a great topper choice for Speed, but I don`t have any Poxy so Collinite 845 is going to be my topper of choice. So... Black Hole or no?

dschribs
06-19-2017, 02:15 PM
When I used HD Speed on my black daily driver - i noticed it did a good amount of filling - so in my opinion the black hole would sort of be irrelevant.

Do one panel and see if it makes a difference. If not - go w the 845 and call it a day!

rlmccarty2000
06-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Skip the Black Hole and just apply the 845.

PRND[S]
06-19-2017, 03:49 PM
FWIW, I`ve used (though not on a black car) 845 over HD Speed and it looks fantastic.

Ronkh
06-19-2017, 04:09 PM
I would. From my experience, bh adds a certain *something* to the look.

BadgerRivFan
06-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Thanks all for the advice. I decided to take dschribs and ronkh`s guidance and give it a try.

I applied BH to the horizontal panels (hood, deck lid and rear spoiler) and left the vertical panels alone. Couldn`t really tell a significant difference but it is so easy to use. Hopefully it will help to fill some of the remaining swirl marks.

PRND[S] is also right... 845 over HD Speed looks terrific!

Not a great photo, but one shot of my results:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170620/4248812c67edc15d8d9441e31b8d0dd2.jpg

Thanks again all for the replies.

Billy Jack
06-21-2017, 08:52 AM
How did all those sweet Rivieras feel about being background props for a Mustang photo shoot?

Bill

BadgerRivFan
06-21-2017, 08:56 AM
How did all those sweet Rivieras feel about being background props for a Mustang photo shoot?

Bill

Right? I think they were trying to photo bomb my sweet Mustang pic! :D

SGM2008
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I would. From my experience, bh adds a certain *something* to the look.

Hey Ron ... what pad do you recommend for the Black Hole step?

Ronkh
06-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Hey Ron ... what pad do you recommend for the Black Hole step?

I use red normally, sometimes black.
lc flat pad.

SGM2008
06-21-2017, 09:27 AM
I use red normally, sometimes black. lc flat pad.

Thanks!