PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice Ferrari

dschribs
06-15-2017, 08:31 AM
I`m sure lot of you guys are too young to remember but...

This was my absolute favorite show in college. Way ahead of it`s time. Each episode was like a mini movie.

Miami Vice 1986 Ferrari Testarossa For Sale (http://blog.dupontregistry.com/ferrari/miami-vice-1986-ferrari-testarossa-sale/)

xspwrstang
06-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Yep! Testarossa racing through the streets of Miami at night...now that was a show! The black convertible was also really nice, but I don`t know what kind of car it was. Fast cars, fast boats, and beautiful women, how could it not be a hit. lol

kevincwelch
06-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Awesome.

My younger brother, more so than I, absolutely loved the Testarossa. I was more of a German car fanatic as a teen, and we had the great opportunity to visit the BMW factory and Mercedes factory in Germany when we were there in 1988. While in Geneva, we saw quite a few Testarossas in the city, and we have a few pictures of us standing next to them. We looked pretty slick with our Ocean Pacific Ts and shorts...and tube socks.

skibik
06-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Yep! Testarossa racing through the streets of Miami at night...now that was a show! The black convertible was also really nice, but I don`t know what kind of car it was. Fast cars, fast boats, and beautiful women, how could it not be a hit. lol

The first car used, the black convertible, was a Ferrari Daytona. I wasn`t sure of the year so I just did a quick google search and it was a `72. I thought it was the real thing back then but the search says they used replicas or kit cars. I practically cried when they blew it up because of how rare the car is. At that time I had no idea they were knock offs. I also thought I had read or heard back when the show was on that Don himself owned the car and was distraught that they had blown it up in the show.