PDA

View Full Version : Feynlab Ceramic...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BudgetPlan1
06-13-2017, 03:43 AM
Uh oh...couldn`t sleep so started wandering around the various forums, ran across the Feynlab Self Healing coatings...but cannot purchase unless certified.

However, their Feynlab Ceramic is avaliable to hacks like me so I ordered up a kit (Wash, Prime, Ceramic & Detail).

Anybody use this product? See user Richy as only real mention of it. Guess I`ll find out, eh?

Insomnia is getting expensive...better get off to work now to pay for this obsession!

ShakingHorizons
06-13-2017, 08:31 AM
I am a certified installer and really don`t use any other coating now. GREAT price for the installer, and as long as you are certified you can offer a warranty to your clients.

Ceramic Lite - 1 year
Ceramic Plus - 3 years
Self Heal Lite - 5 years
Self Heal Plus - 7 years

I like that (so far) the company has really stood behind their product.

BudgetPlan1
06-13-2017, 09:55 AM
I am a certified installer and really don`t use any other coating now. GREAT price for the installer, and as long as you are certified you can offer a warranty to your clients.

Ceramic Lite - 1 year
Ceramic Plus - 3 years
Self Heal Lite - 5 years
Self Heal Plus - 7 years

I like that (so far) the company has really stood behind their product.

Regular decon/prep OK or do you follow their system:
1. Wash with their Wash
2. Clay with the Prime as lube
3. Coating
4. Maintain w/ their Detail Spray?

Mostly curious of the necessity of claying with their Prime product as they kind indicate it is a necessary item.

PRIME

Prime is a critical part in the preparation stage of paint correction. It acts as a clay bar lubricant while laying down a root structure, to allow the coating to adhere to the surface exceptionally well.

Audios S6
06-13-2017, 10:24 AM
1. Wash with their Wash
3. Coating

Mostly curious of the necessity of claying with their Prime product as they kind indicate it is a necessary item.

[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Curious on that too since it likely any paint correction will just remove it anyway. Would you need to use prime later in that case?

Process and warranty duration is very similar to another self healing coating out there.

ShakingHorizons
06-13-2017, 10:26 AM
1. Wash with their Wash
3. Coating

[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

I have done it with and without Prime.

WITH Prime the coating laid down well, and seemed to cure faster than without. I used it without Prime on my own vehicle so I didn`t have to worry about warranty issues, but going forward I will only use Prime as it just seemed to play better.

I haven`t used the detail spray yet, so can`t comment on that.

RaskyR1
06-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Curious on that too since it likely any paint correction will just remove it anyway. Would you need to use prime later in that case?

Process and warranty duration is very similar to another self healing coating out there.

When I talked with them all their products are designed to prep the surface (or that`s what I got out of it) as in they get down into the pores of the paint and build up a base/foundation from there. That`s how I understood it but they worded it better and it made total sense when they explained it to me. I plan to order a sample kit at some point, just too busy and haven`t tested half the other samples I have now as it is. :/

Audios S6
06-13-2017, 01:30 PM
When I talked with them all their products are designed to prep the surface (or that`s what I got out of it) as in they get down into the pores of the paint and build up a base/foundation from there. That`s how I understood it but they worded it better and it made total sense when they explained it to me. I plan to order a sample kit at some point, just too busy and haven`t tested half the other samples I have now as it is. :/

Explained it like tree roots?

richy
06-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Feynlab makes some incredible coatings! You will love what you get from them. Even the Ceramic Lite version (their least expensive) is impressing the Hell out of people. Their advise on procedure is designed to maximize your probability of having a very successful application. Prime is a neat stuff. I don`t understand how it doesn`t get compounded away, but I`m no chemist. I`ve been meaning to ask if/how I could use it after polishing as that stage seems to make more sense. (I`m usually doing correcting work).

Don`t worry about removing it too soon either. Every coating is different; just follow the directions and you`ll be fine. I am looking forward to seeing your results. Use Feynlab in the title so I see it (12 hour shifts at work don`t allow me to see much online any more).

RaskyR1
06-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Explained it like tree roots?

Pretty much. :)

3Dog
06-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Not seeing a sample kit on site. Any help would be appreciated.

richy
06-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Not seeing a sample kit on site. Any help would be appreciated.
I think that is an installer kit. Prime + Ceramic Lite is all you need. If you`re only doing your own car and don`t need a whole bottle of Prime, you`re probably fine skipping it. If you can afford the Prime, I would suggest it. I use UWW on top of mine and it`s incredibly slick!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
06-13-2017, 08:37 PM
So many coatings, so little time! Sounds like a good one.

BudgetPlan1
06-13-2017, 08:50 PM
So many coatings, so little time! Sounds like a good one.
Just when I think I`m done wandering, coating-wise, another skips across the radar screen. Tough to find vehicles right now with no consequences if something goes terribly, terribly wrong while trying something new and slightly different.

RaydiantDetail
06-14-2017, 09:09 AM
The concept of Prime seems very interesting.
I am also curious how it does not get removed during compounding/ polishing if applied prior.
Is there some curing time involved with the product prior to compounding/ polishing?

richy
06-14-2017, 09:41 AM
The concept of Prime seems very interesting.
I am also curious how it does not get removed during compounding/ polishing if applied prior.
Is there some curing time involved with the product prior to compounding/ polishing?

No, I used it just like a clay lube although I did do an extra step of cleaning the surface with ONR after using it and before compounding. I`ve asked for clarification on whether it gets removed. I`ll post the info when I get it.