PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys long time detailer need some advice re sealers

turbosupra
06-12-2017, 08:14 AM
I finally used up My Klasse AIO. It has served well over the years but I think it is time to delve into the newer products. I have a red c7 corvette which I got last september. i put on 10 layers of Klasse sealent after the aio, but it is in need of a good polish and reseal. I just need to get a sense of the newer sealents both from shine and longevity. Also do the newer ones benefit from a final coat of Carunba of choice. I did do Cquartz on my daily driven Audi S4 not a big enthusiast although it does have the longevity of a care left outside for week at a time on business trips. Here is picture of the vettehttps://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33581&stc=1

Accumulator
06-12-2017, 10:29 AM
turbosupra- Welcome to Autopia!

I used the Klasse twins for ages, still do use them for a few things. IMO they just don`t give all that great a look compared to many other LSPs (Last Step Products, i.e., "wax" or sealant).

For the most part I`ve switched my previously-Klassed vehicles over to FK1000P, which lasts longer, protects better, cleans up better/longer, and looks far better IMO. Hands-down my fave LSP overall and the most impressive stuff I`ve used in over 40 years at this stuff.

Some people won`t like how it looks on colors like red, but if you were happy with how KSG looked I`d be surprised if you were dissatisfied with the FK1000P.

Plenty of other Autopians will suggest products that will probably, to a very discerning eye, look better on some (perfectly prepped/maintained) paints. But I`d bet none of those will last/protect like the FK.

No, I wouldn`t top it with a wax because that would preclude adding another coat of FK1000P later.

OK..there`s my (oh so predictable) opinion. Now lets hear from people who want a better look that the FK (let alone the Klasse) will give..I`ll be surprised if somebody doesn`t recommend using Pinnacle Souveran (which I do use on one vehicle) even though it needs redone at every wash. I myself don`t want to be waxing every month/quarter/etc. but some people find it enjoyable. Just watch that you choose something that will at least rival the KSG * 10`s ability to protect against etching.

turbosupra
06-12-2017, 01:16 PM
I used souveran as my lsp over the klasse. how about GTechniq Crystal Lacquer + Liquid Crystal - 30/100 ml. In briefly reading about FK1000P it does seem like a favorite alot of people like Gyeon as well. What I want to hear are testimonials / reviews. The car needs a good polishing to get rid of the acid water sparkles it has since it sat out for about 8months on the dealers lot. not apparent in the picture but definitely there. I use the various menzerna polishes which are great on the hard clear coat of the vette

Accumulator
06-13-2017, 11:18 AM
turbosupra- Sorry, zero experience with the products you just mentioned other than the Souveran and the Menzerna and I`m not a fan of their products (not flaming, just prefer different abrasive products).

IMO, you oughta do a chemical decontamination to truly neutralize stuff like the acids that have attacked (and presumably still reside in) your clearcoat.

I like Souveran, and still use it on one vehicle (well, I will keep using it if that car ever makes it out of mothballs..), but IMO it`s simply not practical on a driver...and I used it on daily drivers for a long, long time. In your specific situation, I`d much rather be able to keep layering on the KSG instead.

Heh heh...ten layers...many think I`m extreme for advocating just six! I appreciate your industriousness.

Mary B
06-13-2017, 01:03 PM
I`d be trying some Poorboy`s sealants and top with the Natty`s red wax.