PDA

View Full Version : The Washe App - Good or Bad

JustJesus
06-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Will this create more competition? Or will it help some of those looking to expand their new business?

https://thewasheapp.com/

JustJesus
06-06-2017, 12:43 PM
WOW! for 120$ and about 1.5hrs, one can get this:

DEMAND PERFECTION. YOUR WASHÉR WILL CLEAN THE EXTERIOR OF THE VEHICLE, CLEAN AND DRESS THE ENTIRE WHEEL, VACUUM THE INTERIOR, SHAMPOO THE FLOOR MATS, WIPE DOWN THE DASH AND CLEAN THE INTERIOR WINDOWS. A CLAY BAR WILL BE APPLIED TO THE EXTERIOR OF THE VEHICLE TO REMOVE ANY CONTAMINANTS, THEN A LAYER OF PASTE WAX WILL SEAL YOUR FRESHLY CLEANED PAINT.

512detail
06-06-2017, 02:05 PM
neat website
I thought it read "to lock in that [swirl]"
:)

Angus
06-06-2017, 02:15 PM
I`d be more weary of the person who wants all this for only $30:

Gold Package: Give your car that weekly spruce-up. Your Washér will clean the exterior of the vehicle, clean and dress the entire wheel, vacuum the interior, wipe down the dash and clean the interior windows.

How in world is all of that going to hapen in 35minutes?

RaskyR1
06-06-2017, 02:23 PM
I just glanced at it, but looks like another service looking to make a buck off others hard work. I don`t see this impacting me or other high end detailers in any way, it caters to a certain clientele, not they type I tend to see.

Just my $.02

Ronkh
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
WOW.

30.00 that`s 5.00 more than the local scratch & shine.

JustJesus
06-06-2017, 04:56 PM
How in world is all of that going to happen in 35 minutes?

I think we all know plenty of people that will pay for that service.

But THAT is the question I can`t answer. I`m willing to pay 30$ to find out, though :) Just not anytime soon. Too busy.

I don`t see this impacting me or other high end detailers in any way, it caters to a certain clientele, not they type I tend to see.

Just my $.02

Agree with you. I sent the link to some friends, one asked me, "Would you rather have higher end clients and charge more, than lower end clients and charge less, but higher volume?"

I went with higher end clients. Doesn`t mean I won`t take an occasional quick/cheap job under the right circumstances.

Mike lambert
06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
I hope they do very well around me! More fixing work!

NLove
06-06-2017, 08:05 PM
I am trying to figure out how they are going to apply the clay to the outside of the vehicle. Maybe they will just mash the clay right on....boom look at my clay roof?!

Migue
06-07-2017, 06:31 PM
I`d stay away from it, I`d rather risk getting no business and having to get a part time job than settle for this. They`re making money off all your hard work and in some cases I believe multiple detailers will bid for the job, which means you end up paying yourself less just to get whatever job it`s up for bidding. I`m starting to see more apps like these pop up for other industries, like recently I read a post from a neighbor acting all excited about an app that gets you the lowest cost lawn service from a list of local businesses. All I can think is that supporting these apps damages the industry and causes small businesses trying to make it to enter into a bidding war with one another over cheap clientele.

nickclark08
06-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Or, conversely some other business owner purposely throws out "just low enough bids" to make the other guys bid "too low" to make money and still get the job. Depresses prices all around, then becomes a war of capital to see who goes under first. Seen it with some of the offshore service industries.

I`d stay away from it, I`d rather risk getting no business and having to get a part time job than settle for this. They`re making money off all your hard work and in some cases I believe multiple detailers will bid for the job, which means you end up paying yourself less just to get whatever job it`s up for bidding. I`m starting to see more apps like these pop up for other industries, like recently I read a post from a neighbor acting all excited about an app that gets you the lowest cost lawn service from a list of local businesses. All I can think is that supporting these apps damages the industry and causes small businesses trying to make it to enter into a bidding war with one another over cheap clientele.