PDA

View Full Version : Who has "Ruined" their significant other?

Pages : [1] 2

TuxedoTaurus
05-30-2017, 09:35 AM
My wife and I travel a good bit. Recently out of no where she will say "yuck, that`s nasty, or how could you own a nice car and treat it like that" then will look at me and say "You ruined me I see swirls everywhere".

She has learned how to "touch" paint, and run her coated car through a decent touch less wash to remove accumulated bug before they set in if I can`t get to them right away.

Just wondering if any of you have rubbed off on your significant other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster906
05-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Sounds like your wife has a mild case of detailer eye

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jrock645
05-30-2017, 10:20 AM
I`m getting ready to. Gf is supposed to be getting a new car today. Looking forward to perfecting the paint and getting it coated.

rlmccarty2000
05-30-2017, 10:41 AM
My wife does wash her car more frequently, but she is far from an Autopian, especially the interior of her car, yuck.

briarpatch
05-30-2017, 10:55 AM
My wife has always been like that...learned it from her father. She actually asks me "when are you going to get to my car?" when it`s dirty...which is very seldom. She does the interior herself.....very fussy about it.

TuxedoTaurus
05-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Sounds like your wife has a mild case of detailer eye

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes she does, and it makes my life slightly easier maintaining the Taurus.

I just regret not putting a PPF on when I got it. I will not another new car without it that I will use for travel.

TuxedoTaurus
05-30-2017, 10:57 AM
My wife does wash her car more frequently, but she is far from an Autopian, especially the interior of her car, yuck.

Lol, I hate interiors, let`s just say I`m still working to get her to pay more attention to the inside.

Accumulator
05-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Accumulatorette is basically an off-the-scale Autopian when it comes to her A8 (or any of our other vehicles). She shares me utter hatred of holograms and other "don`t know what you`re doing"-type marring, keeps the inside of her car nice and clean, and never touches the paint/glass/etc. She`s pretty well-trained as a driver too, far moreso that most "car-guys" we know.

Mikek9965
05-30-2017, 12:13 PM
haha, when we are walking through a parking lot i always spot out the cars with all the swirls.

So we were at a cars and coffee kind of meet and she was doing the same with the exotics lol.

kevincwelch
05-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Wife loves a glossy shiny exterior, but interiors are natural disasters with the carpooling.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Civicclutch
05-30-2017, 10:04 PM
My wife is starting to. She is starting to see the evidence of buffer trails on cars as they drive by and comments that if it was done right you wouldn`t see them

Lonnie
05-31-2017, 09:12 AM
I think "significant others" put up with the other half`s personal interest, professional careers, and leisure time activities. While the other half may like to hunt and/or fish, play golf, or fill-in any other hobby or interest or leisure time activity, mine is detailing vehicles. If the other half does NOT like (or actually HATES) what you do, you have a difficult time communicating about that activity in that relationship. On the other hand if they enjoy the fruit of the labors of that interest, there is more of a chance that they will "tolerate" that activity. What good other half would not like a clean, shiny vehicle. Of course, the problem is when too much time and money is spent on the activity (according to the other half) at the expense of other "honey-do-this" chores or "Why are you buying a new buffing machine when we REALLY need a new washer?". But I digress.....
Has my passion for detailing rubbed off on my wife? Yes. She can spot swirls on vehicles in used car lots or at the mall lot or even at car shows. God forbid if I miss a spot on her black vehicle (which I do occasionally) and she takes it to work. " I need to fire my detailer and get a better one" is her response. Then I counter with the need for a better (new) buffing machine and more (expensive) car-care chemicals. I think you know where that leads!!!.....

Justins00ss
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah my wife will tell about cars she sees all swirled up all the time. Even when we go to car shows she points them out lol.

Accumulator
05-31-2017, 11:47 AM
If the other half does NOT like (or actually HATES) what you do,....

Then we wouldn`t be significant others ;)

Swanicyouth
05-31-2017, 05:13 PM
No women I`ve even been with has given a crap about her car or what it looks like. When I meet one who does - maybe I`ll marry her.