PDA

View Full Version : f-22 Awesomeness

House of Wax
05-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Good article with some cool vids. Such an awesome aircraft. I`ve seen it fly at a few airshows.....the maneuverability is insane. Should have never shut down production when they did

Why the F-22 Raptor Is Such a Badass Plane (http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a21232/why-the-f-22-raptor-is-such-a-badass-plane/?src=socialflowFB)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ShaneB
05-29-2017, 08:12 AM
Always loved the raptor. Finally got my chance to see it at an air show last year. Tried previous years but they always backed out with the raptor display for some reason.

I wouldn`t be surprised if they did restart production on it someday. I know the 2 big reasons they shut it down was cost and the fact that it was too advanced, we just didn`t need it. Nothing against the article, but any 4th gen fighter like the F-15, F-16 or F-18 would of been able to handle a couple F-4s easily as well, the only difference would of been that they may not of been able to sneak up on them

dcjredline
05-29-2017, 09:09 AM
It doesnt really replace the F/A18, they said in the article it was designed for air to air so that would be the F16,15. F/A18 is air to air and air to ground (Fighter/Attack) AND DAMN GOOD AT BOTH! I was in a special operations unit in the Marines from 1990-1995 and the F/A18 quickly became one of my favorite aircraft for Close Air Support. A10 was awesome too!!! The A6 Intruder was the only All Weather Capable bomber at that time so that had its positives, towards the end of my service they made an AWC version of the 18 and that just put me over the edge. Great payload and maneuverability. I may be biased to bomber capable aircraft but they can get rid of the F16 for the 22 any day and I wont shed a tear. The F/A18 can handle itself in the air, specially with the best pilots on earth (Marines) flying them.

Bunky
05-30-2017, 06:50 AM
Why didn`t you like the F16?

dcjredline
05-30-2017, 09:01 AM
The only reason for me was because it wasnt a bomber. Air to air meant nothing to me as a Forward Observer. Could be a great plane but of no use to me.

kevincwelch
05-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Swirls on the canopy!

Nice bird, but I`ll always prefer the F-14.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

House of Wax
05-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Swirls on the canopy!

Will always be one of my favorites

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dcjredline
05-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Swirls on the canopy!

Boy do I have a fly by on VHS that you`d like to see!!!! F14 doing an *ordnance check" (no fly bys allowed on Camp Lejeune) for us, almost blew us over. Lol.