PDA

View Full Version : Water Sheeting?

Dispatch
05-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Water Sheeting... is it crucial for the wash/rinse process, notwithstanding some detailers say to implement jet streaming instead for the initial/final rinse? http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss51/irishrifles2/hmm2.gif (http://s561.photobucket.com/user/irishrifles2/media/hmm2.gif.html)

PA DETAILER
05-28-2017, 06:05 AM
A low pressure final rinse, gives you the ability to sheet off 80% or more of the water. Makes drying much faster. Provided you have a good LSP on.

TroyScherer
05-28-2017, 10:53 AM
^ I agree.

A low pressure flooding final rinse removes 80-90%+ water from the car for me depending on what LSP I have on. It just makes the drying process easier and I can apply a detail spray during drying without watering it down. So it helps protect the paint and minimize my chance of dry induced marring and adds gloss.

Accumulator
05-28-2017, 12:17 PM
I used the "flooding"/sheeting rinse technique at my previous shop but can`t do it at the present one due to pecularities in my water delivery system. That said..

I don`t miss it at all and never give sheeting a second thought.

Some people prefer LSPs that sheet (as opposed to those that bead) and while I can appreciate their position I still like beading.

brownbob06
05-28-2017, 03:09 PM
I used the "flooding"/sheeting rinse technique at my previous shop but can`t do it at the present one due to pecularities in my water delivery system. That said..

I don`t miss it at all and never give sheeting a second thought.

Some people prefer LSPs that sheet (as opposed to those that bead) and while I can appreciate their position I still like beading.

I can think of few things more satisfying than seeing the rain bead up on my freshly waxed car. I know I`m sypposed to hate rain after I wash, but it`s just so satisfying to see.

Accumulator
05-29-2017, 01:42 PM
I can think of few things more satisfying than seeing the rain bead up on my freshly waxed car. I know I`m sypposed to hate rain after I wash, but it`s just so satisfying to see.

Yes indeed! And as long as my LSPs are remotely fresh, most of the water rolls right off once I`m underway anyhow.