PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mike Lambert and fellow Autopians

kajunman
05-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Mike,

You mentioned on another post about the ease of use with Kamikaze Miyabi. I watched the application and it seems to be as easy as Optimum Gloss-Coat. On the pro side, I don’t know if you have every used Optimum Opti-Coat Pro Plus, but I was wondering between Kamikaze Miyabi and Optimum Opti-Coat Pro Plus, which is easier to remove when it comes time for replacement? Any other fellow Autopians that have experience with these two products, pleases feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance,

kajunman

Mike lambert
05-20-2017, 06:50 PM
I have no experience with optimum products as I never bought the permanent idea. As far as removing coatings, I have had no trouble removing any coating that I have seen. I have removed a lot of optimum products and g tech and c quartz. No problem with a microfiber pad and a large throw da. I just clean the pad every pass and look for a change in color.

kajunman
05-30-2017, 01:30 PM
I have no experience with optimum products as I never bought the permanent idea. As far as removing coatings, I have had no trouble removing any coating that I have seen. I have removed a lot of optimum products and g tech and c quartz. No problem with a microfiber pad and a large throw da. I just clean the pad every pass and look for a change in color.

Mike,
BECAUSE I`m new to RO machines, when you say you clean the pad after a pass do you mean after you do a fender you clean the pad before moving on to say a door?
Also what cutting agent are you using on the pad?
Thanks in advance,
kajunman

Mike lambert
05-30-2017, 02:54 PM
I clean the pad with air after every section I do. This is residue control. Doesn`t matter weather it`s a coating or just polishing. You want to get rid of the paint residue as well as the spent product. As far as products, after years of using and trying a ton of different products, we are now exclusively using Griot`s products.

kajunman
05-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Mike,