PDA

View Full Version : This is war !!!

Don
05-16-2017, 07:40 AM
For the third time in as many days, I have been viciously assaulted by an aerial fiend, who seems to really like my left quarter panel and has dropped a total of FOUR large, crusty, chunky, splattering bombs on my car. And also for the third time in as many days, I had to run out and blast the affected area with strong streams of water to get the bomb remnants off.

Now this really sucks because Saturday I did a two-step on the car (Meguiar`s D151 Paint Refinishing Creme + Meguiar`s Ult Fast Finish), then it rained, so I haven`t had a chance to enjoy the fruits of my labors - no time to rewash the car either, so now it sits in the driveway with heavy water spots on the RR corner and dust/pollen and minor water spotting on the rest.

The only positive SO FAR is that even thought the bombs have dried on the paint, they haven`t etched and all signs of them are removable with a lot of high pressure water, some QD spray and a light buffing with a microfiber.

I just wanted to warn all of you that the enemy is out there, somewhere above us and he wants to destroy your perfect finishes.

So look to the skies and beware, you could be next

rlmccarty2000
05-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Take it as a compliment. Birds like shiny cars. Lol.

HCF
05-16-2017, 03:15 PM
whenever a bird craps on my car i eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I`m capable of

Ronkh
05-16-2017, 07:20 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/1.jpg

Don
05-17-2017, 12:36 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/1.jpg

Ron, you have issues LMAO

Ronkh
05-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Ron, you have issues LMAO

Statement or revelation?

Don
05-18-2017, 04:32 AM
Statement or revelation?

A bit of both, I knew you had issues, I just didn`t realize how deep they run.

Ronkh
05-18-2017, 05:49 AM
<---- complex person.

Swanicyouth
05-18-2017, 06:29 PM
So, this is what you do. Blast the bird bomb off with a pressure washer & DI water (Cr Spotless).

That way bird bomb is gone no touch, you don`t have to wash the whole car, & no water spots...

The CR Spotless is really a handy tool.

Don
05-19-2017, 04:16 AM
So, this is what you do. Blast the bird bomb off with a pressure washer & DI water (Cr Spotless).

That way bird bomb is gone no touch, you don`t have to wash the whole car, & no water spots...

The CR Spotless is really a handy tool.

I`ve got the first part down OK, but I really LIKE washing the car ... I don`t know about every day though :) Besides, the dust is so thick around here that If I hose down one part of the car, I have to hose down the whole car to get the rest of the dust/dirt off and by then I need to do at least a waterless to prevent spotting (can`t afford a DI system anyway).