PDA

View Full Version : Help with ideas for fundraiser raffle of my detailing services

mc2hill
05-11-2017, 02:27 PM
The builder of the Old No. 2 1912 race car I help maintain has been very ill, and the car`s owner mentioned there may be a fundraiser for him. I said I would be honored to donate my detailing services to help raise money for him. After thinking about it, I am wondering what I should `donate`? Maybe one `wash and wax/seal` and one `wash and AIO`? I could probably put together a detailing `gift basket` from a few local vendors too.

Have any of you done something similar?

detailerjoe
06-30-2018, 12:40 AM
I donated a detail to my granddaughters cheer team fundraiser. I was very specific on what the service included and added that I had the right to refuse or add charges if the vehicle needed extra work.

The raffle went off great and not only did I help the cheer squad but I was included in the newsletter and got 4 new customers from the other family memebrs!

Rule of thumb is do it for the right reason and be specific!

jatleson
06-30-2018, 06:37 AM
I donate an interior, wash and seal package to my religious organization for the silent auction held during an annual golf fund raiser. I put some rags, a small bottle of rinseless and a flyer in a bucket. Great way to advertise as well. Keep in mind the winner of the detail will likely continue to go through automated car washes, I avoid any correction packages.

LEDetailng
06-30-2018, 07:00 AM
I donated a detail to my granddaughters cheer team fundraiser. I was very specific on what the service included and added that I had the right to refuse or add charges if the vehicle needed extra work.

The raffle went off great and not only did I help the cheer squad but I was included in the newsletter and got 4 new customers from the other family memebrs!

Rule of thumb is do it for the right reason and be specific!

Doing it for the right reasons and getting 4 new customers. Awesome on both ends:)

LEDetailng
06-30-2018, 07:11 AM
All very good suggestions.

I like the idea of donating both a small bucket of detailing supplies and your detailing services as well. My suggestion would be to buy a logo 3-5 gallon bucket from Autogeek or Autopia (Meguiar’s/Autopia/AG Logo). Put a nice wash mitt in there, a good drying MF towel, Grit Guard, a sample size bottle of quality wash shampoo, and window cleaner.