PDA

View Full Version : Polishing with a da polisher.

cleaner2020
04-15-2017, 06:20 AM
I am fairly new to polishing that`s why I am using a dual action. I have read to always stop the polisher on the paint do not lift the polisher while the wheel is still spinning why is that?

Buster906
04-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Lifting the DA while the pad is still orbiting can sling product over areas you do not want wax, polish or compound and sealant

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

felixthecat
04-15-2017, 06:47 AM
So you don`t get spatter all over your self & the vehicle. Really a mess to clean up depending on what portion & type of vehicle + your self. On n off on paint only.

BudgetPlan1
04-15-2017, 12:38 PM
So you don`t get spatter all over your self & the vehicle. Really a mess to clean up depending on what portion & type of vehicle + your self. On n off on paint only.
First time I did it I really couldn`t believe how far ranging the mess extended; it was like a 55 gallon drum of polish exploded in the garage. A split second to create mess, an hour to clean it (most of it anyway) up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Accumulator
04-15-2017, 12:46 PM
cleaner2020- Welcome to Autopia!

I`m glad you bothered to *ask that question*!! I bet you just saved yourself some headaches. If more people would *think before doing* and get it all clear in their minds then there`d be fewer problems, so my hat`s off to you for going about this right.

If something has somebody wondering, I for one want to discuss it...another case of "no such thing as a dumb question".

Oh, and even some of us with decades of experience prefer dual-action/random-orbital polishers. I haven`t touched my rotaries in years and probably never will.