PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax

Pages : [1] 2

dschribs
04-13-2017, 09:24 AM
I found a bottle of this in the back of my cabinet.

Anyone still use this?

User friendly?

How is the durability?

Buster906
04-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I used #26 a few weeks ago. Went on smooth, easy to remove. Left a good shine. Can be applied by hand or machine

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

512detail
04-13-2017, 12:57 PM
I found a bottle I had. it was the first product I bought with my first detailing profits (along with #7 glaze) but I only used it once or twice and then fell down the rabbit hole

I have since given more than half of the bottle away to friends but I remember it was pretty easy to apply and I liked the result

i dug up the thread. i actually went over the entire vehicle twice via hand with #26- thread is over 2 yrs old and i think i even skipped the trim here (i was still very young in the trade at that time)

I have no claims to durability though. I do remember the owner saying they sure loved the way water came off the vehicle when it rained

http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-detailers-showcase/44286-rupes-duetto-vs-2003-denali-xl.html?highlight=duetto+vs (http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-detailers-showcase/44286-rupes-duetto-vs-2003-denali-xl.html?highlight=duetto+vs)

E-Jag
04-13-2017, 02:20 PM
I have always had a "like" affair with #26. Still use it every now and again. It`s basically a carnauba, applies easily and comes off easily. It has a deep carnauba "glow" unlike the plasticky shine of a sealant. I like it but, like most carnauba`s, if you can get a couple of months out of it you did well. I should add that it appears to darken paint, which works for some, not so much for others.

512detail
04-13-2017, 02:41 PM
I like the bottle description

"blends the highest quality Carnauba Wax with other costly ingredients...."

BadgerRivFan
04-14-2017, 04:49 AM
"blends the highest quality Carnauba Wax with other costly ingredients...."

So it`s really Polish Angel? [emoji56]

Accumulator
04-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Gee, I haven`t used M26 since...I dunno...maybe the early `80s. Does it still do the "darkening" thing?

E-Jag
04-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Yep. Although I don`t notice it now as much as I used to. Don`t know how much, if at all, Meg may have "adjusted" it over the years. I don`t use it a lot but, for a few of us diehards, they never really go out of style.

Accumulator
04-14-2017, 01:46 PM
E-Jag- Heh heh, yeah...that "adjustment", as in Pre-Post-VOC had me wondering. And I hear you on "us diehards", still have stuff like M16 on the shelf.

WaxAddict
04-14-2017, 03:08 PM
The paste version is very good. It don`t know why they sell Gold Class on the shelf rather than 26.

E-Jag
04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Accumulator - Looking back, M16 may have been the best lsp Megs ever produced. It would at least draw a lot of votes.

Accumulator
04-15-2017, 12:27 PM
The paste version is very good. It don`t know why they sell Gold Class on the shelf rather than 26.

IIRC the GC has some (extremly mild) cleaners in it and even if they don`t really do much such ingredients often make a product easier for, uhm...Joe Consumer to use with some success.

Looking back, M16 may have been the best lsp Megs ever produced. It would at least draw a lot of votes.

It`d get *my* vote all right! Heh heh, wish some of its fans would buy my stash of it :D

I gather Floyd Meguiar thought it was their best too, noting that his FK1000P was specifically designed to compete with it.

E-Jag
04-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Yeah, one can nearly got me through my youth and most of adulthood. Your stash could wax Mar-A-Lago if it was metal, with a few cans left over for your great, great, great grandkids.

Accumulator
04-15-2017, 01:39 PM
E-Jag- Yes indeed, a can lasts a very long time. I forget when I opened my current can (wrote it on the bottom..) but IIRC it was sometime in the oughts.

danlc95
04-15-2017, 10:11 PM
I remember leaving a tin in a brand new car I bought in the summer of 1999. I was bummed because that was my "good wax", the first Professional grade product I ever used.

Luckily I had some newspapers under it, and none of the "hot" wax got on my seats.

I was always impressed with it`s looks and durability back then.

I just applied a coat to my gf`s truck, on top of a layer of M21. Looks great, cleans up nice.... It works!

They recently changed the formula. The color of the wax in the tin is lighter I still have four tins of this, one plastic tub (I bought in 99 to replace the one that died on the car), and one tin of M16. I wish I had more M16...