PDA

View Full Version : Can`t log in

richy
04-08-2017, 11:03 AM
I`m using Firefox and when I go to the website I immediately get in the URL bar that the connection is not secure. It will not allow me to login. Is anyone else having this issue? What should I do? I had to use Tapatalk to do this and I hate that thing.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Billy Jack
04-08-2017, 12:39 PM
I`ve been having the same problem with AGO on my computer at work, for about the last three weeks. All the other forums I visit, here, Meguiar`s, L2D and El Camino Central are OK. I have no idea why, unless the IT guy was looking over my shoulder and could only remember AutoGeek when he got back to his office.

Bill

RaydiantDetail
04-08-2017, 12:57 PM
On Chrome and IE no issues with logging in. Sorry do not use firefox.
Are you on your home network or a work network? Some work networks will not allow you to access a page if the security certificate is not present/ authenticated or out of date.

If it is FireFox specific it could be due to this:

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Fix-slowness-crashing-error/Troubleshoot-the-quot-Secure-Connection-Failed-quot-error/ta-p/681

Can you try with Chrome or IE?

kbmag1
04-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Having same issue with Safari

richy
04-08-2017, 08:02 PM
It worked with Chrome, but I don`t normally use it. I don`t get it because it`s worked fine with Firefox for years. I`ll be checking out that link you provided. Thank you.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

TheMeanGreen
04-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Safari and Firefox?! You guys need to enter the 21st century, Chrome all the way. Using Chrome also allows integration to all other Google services that are available.

Accumulator
04-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Safari and Firefox?! You guys need to enter the 21st century....

Heh heh, I`m still working my way into the 20th in many ways.

But anyhow...I have issues logging in too; I simply don`t get a LogIn Screen where I can enter my Username/PW. Just not there. I have to try a "New Posts" search, which bombs because I`m not logged in, and *that* offers me a LogIn Screen.

grungy
04-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Some of us don`t buy into the Google is good Kool-aid. I prefer FF for many things I don`t want Google to track.

JRW67
04-09-2017, 02:55 PM
I had the same problem a few weeks back on AG.
After two days I contacted customer service and they
let the webmaster know and in just minutes I`m back
in.

TheMeanGreen
04-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Some of us don`t buy into the Google is good Kool-aid. I prefer FF for many things I don`t want Google to track.

You can actually turn off Google`s tracking function…

And for logging into the forum, I`ve had this issue for months, I log in by "quoting" someone, then go back to the home page whilst being logged in.