PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a decent OTC Wheel Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

jaybs02
06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
The title says it all...

I have finished up the last of my EO A2Z (old formula) and I am looking for something with similar cleaning power. I know the newer stuff doesn`t have the same punch, and will wind up trying something from either PB or Meg`s but until I place an order on line... any recomendations as to what I can get locally.

"J"

G35stilez
06-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Why does it have to be OTC?

jaybs02
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Just looking for something that I can grab quickly.

I know that I will be placing an order online soon, or if I have to I can get wheel brightner from one of my local suppliers, I was just kind of hoping for something that I could grab off the shelf from a Pep boy or Auto Zone

"J"

Beemerboy
06-20-2006, 06:20 PM
The title says it all...

I have finished up the last of my EO A2Z (old formula) and I am looking for something with similar cleaning power. I know the newer stuff doesn`t have the same punch, and will wind up trying something from either PB or Meg`s but until I place an order on line... any recomendations as to what I can get locally.

"J"

I used up a half a bottle of Eagle One new formula here and liked it allot...Serioiusly I didn`t see any difference in that from the PB line or for that matter any other wheel cleaner that I have used.....IMO

Most all the rims that I clean are not that bad so a decent APC would work as well

MCA
06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
I personally like Mothers Wheel Mist All Wheel Cleaner for OTC...light to medium duty cleaner. Does not have the cleaning power of WB or S&R but widely available with good performance.

belcherm58
06-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Doe`s anybody seel Meguairs Detailer line locally. Carquest in my town sells the Meguiars Detailer Line. I use the Wheel Brightner. Mix 4:1 and it works great. You can mix it 3:1 or 2:1 if need be. Use it in painted or clear coated wheels not bare aluminum or anodized wheels. Steel or chrome are fine also.
I but it online mostly for the discount. Carquest is about 10 bucks higher on a gallon. You get 16 32oz bottles mixed 4:1.
Pretty cheap and effective. I have not damaged any wheels yet.

97F1504x4
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Meg`s HOT Rims

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/product_g95_small.gif

Richard

01WJLimited
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Meguiar`s Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner. That or Meguiar`s Chrome Wheel Cleaner, or Hot Rims Cleaner. I Have all three, they all seem to work very well when the problem area has been agitated with a wheel brush. The foam clings, let it sit for a few seconds (up to a minute so it penetrates the grime), agitate, hose off. Never fails for me.

97F1504x4
06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Meguiar`s Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner. That or Meguiar`s Chrome Wheel Cleaner, or Hot Rims Cleaner. I Have all three, they all seem to work very well when the problem area has been agitated with a wheel brush. The foam clings, let it sit for a few seconds (up to a minute so it penetrates the grime), agitate, hose off. Never fails for me.

Yep those also. I could not think of the names of them

Richard

CalgaryDetail
06-20-2006, 11:24 PM
megs hot rims works alright. besy otc wheel cleaner i have tried. Not as good as p21s but still works well

RYS
06-28-2006, 04:47 AM
What do you guys recommend for thick, baked on brake dust that I can chip away and won`t come off with an application of the Meg`s Gold Class Wheel Cleaner? I`d rather not keep chiping at it i don`t want to scratch my wheels. The trouble spots are inbetween the spokes.

runnerbl
06-28-2006, 08:29 AM
checkers has the eagle one all wheel and tire cleaner for 3.99 right now...2.99 if you can get them you accept the 1.00 off coupon that is still on some bottles.

TrueDetailer
06-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Meg`s HOT Rims

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/product_g95_small.gif

Richard

X2

Mr. Clean
06-28-2006, 01:42 PM
jaybs95, are these wheels too dirty for a 4:1 Water:APC dilution, and the approriate wheel brush agitation? I`ve not encountered any wheels that couldn`t be handled with that combo. I do have a spray bottle with 1:1 Water:Meg`s CitriGel if necessary. :)

jaybs02
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
My wheels are hardly ever that dirty.

I generally use a SG dilution for my normal cleaning. It`s just that a few times a year I do like to hit them with a wheel cleaner

"J"