PDA

View Full Version : Hydro blue on 12 escape

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
04-02-2017, 06:50 PM

First use of the product. Escape really does not see winter. Garaged in winter. Paint was flat after the wash. But was in good shape. So I went to HYDRO BLUE. One word...WOW! This is going to be a game changer. It was fun to watch the product do it`s thing while rinsing it! Proceeded to dry it off and I was floored! It really popped the paint and never looked better! There was partial sun out, but it did not bother this product. NO STREAKS OR RUNS anywhere. Glass looks amazing. I also did a good interior. She is happy with it. AMAZING PRODUCT AND SO EASY!

Ronkh
04-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Nice

PA DETAILER
04-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Loved the product Ronkh.

Buster906
04-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Has anyone applied the Blue hydro using a damp microfiber towel to a dry vehicle and a second microfiber towel to dry excess?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
04-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Has anyone applied the Blue hydro using a damp microfiber towel to a dry vehicle and a second microfiber towel to dry excess?

Dont know anyone that used it that way...yet. It`s so easy and goof proof to use the regular way.

Buster906
04-03-2017, 08:44 AM
I plan on putting down a layer of wax first. Will this be an issue?

PA DETAILER
04-03-2017, 08:49 AM
From what I have read on other users, it works best on clean paint. I would remove all old wax`s first, then apply. Here is some more info....

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/108238-how-guide-review-mckees-37-hydro-blue-sio2-coating-%7C-spray-rinse-nano-coating.html

Buster906
04-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Ok, so Blue is a stand alone coating correct? You say remove old wax. Do I need to remove a fresh layer of wax?

PA DETAILER
04-03-2017, 11:49 AM
You can use it on top of any coating or sealant, but I would question it`s ability to bond, and I suspect the longevity would be diminished if it isn`t applied to a clean, decontaminated and prepped surface.

kevincwelch
04-03-2017, 12:43 PM

Check out Matt`s thread. Sort of what you`re asking...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing/187343-sio2-hydro2-type-testing-thread.html#post2102754

sixsix
04-03-2017, 02:02 PM
This is going to be a game changer.

If this were the first product to market of its kind, I could agree. But what makes this one special over hyrdo2, or geyon wet coat?

FWIW I`ve used hydro2 and always ended up with some kind of streaking, currently have and use wet coat and haven`t encountered any issues with it.

kevincwelch
04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Some would say that since the experience with streaking has been minimal to none and that you can use in direct sunlight make it a winner over HydrO2 and Wet Coat.

Durability is advertised as the same among all three.

How it handles shine/gloss, beading and sheeting are all going to be subjective calls.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Ronkh
04-03-2017, 02:57 PM
If this were the first product to market of its kind, I could agree. But what makes this one special over hyrdo2, or geyon wet coat?

FWIW I`ve used hydro2 and always ended up with some kind of streaking, currently have and use wet coat and haven`t encountered any issues with it.
My experience:
No streaking for me W McKees
Minimal streaking with Wet Coat
Lots of streaking w hydro

Rsurfer
04-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Ok, so Blue is a stand alone coating correct? You say remove old wax. Do I need to remove a fresh layer of wax?

Just leave the old wax and remove the fresh wax before applying Blue.

sixsix
04-03-2017, 04:05 PM
My experience:
No streaking for me W McKees
Minimal streaking with Wet Coat
Lots of streaking w hydro

A majority of the streaking with the hydro2 was on glass, but it did streak on the paint too. I have not had the wet coat streak on me yet.