PDA

View Full Version : Charlies Soap (liquid detergent) washing microfiber Towels?

LashingStanley
04-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, I`ve been using 3D Towel Kleen for washing my microfibers and also dilute it 1:5 to spray on my foam pads/applicator pads that I used for applying AIO and sealants. I`ve ordered another gallon but currently I`m out. My problem is that I have over 100 towels that I need to wash this weekend, and the only detergent I have is Charlies soap (Liquid detergent). It doesn`t have any fragrance, dyes, or any softeners, and it seems to do a fine job cleaning my clothes without leaving residues. I`m really sensitive and have had allergic reactions/hives from washing clothes with other liquid detergents including most of the other free and clear detergents I`ve tried (except Ecos Free and clear). Charlies Soap seems to do a fine job on my clothing but the main reason I use it rather than Ecos free and clear is because it`s extremely concentrated and costs much less per load.

Have any of you used Charlies soap (liquid) in a pinch when you were out of your standard microfiber detergent? I don`t expect either detergent to be even close to as good as 3D Towel Kleen at removing waxes/sealants, but I`m currently presoaking my wax/sealant towels with a few ounces of Optimum Power Clean so that should at least help in that regard.

I hope asking about Charlies soap isn`t against the rules. I`m certain that any dedicated microfiber detergent would be better in the past few years I`ve used 5 gallons of micro-restore before switching to 3D Towel Kleen which I just finished my 3rd gallon of and have no plans of switching. 3D Towel Kleen provides a far better value while performing just as good if not better than micro-restore in my experience. Plus I use HD Speed and/or HD Polish+ on 99% of the jobs I do. My hope is that one of you have used Charlies Soap and if so, whether or not you felt like it was effective?

I have an old top loader washing machine btw if that matters.

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to make sure to provide as much context as possible. Thanks fellas!

Bill D
04-01-2017, 07:09 PM
I used to use it all the time with decent results. Now I use Persil, also with decent results but that`s perfumed

WaxAddict
04-01-2017, 09:33 PM
All of the Free & Clear soaps I`ve used worked fine. I now use 3DTK as well, but you know, the Arm & Hammer and Tide Free & Clear soaps worked fine, as did Dreft. I tell myself 3DTK works better, but I don`t know for sure. No doubting 3D is a good value.

i guess my point is, don`t sweat it and wash them towels :P

Accumulator
04-02-2017, 11:21 AM
I tried Charlies after reading how much some people here liked it. Did *NOT* make any great impression on me and I`ll never use it again for anything. But if it`s all you have then it`s all you have and it`s not like it`ll do any harm or anything like that.

MattPersman
04-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Charlie`s was all over the forums probably 10 years ago. Maybe more. Bought a thing of it used it with no problems but wasn`t anything groundbreaking and it wasn`t available locally at the time.

Would try the newest poorboys if any right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk