PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to like a Simoniz product the dealer used?

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1975
03-30-2017, 07:47 PM
At the risk of getting a thousand flames of fury from all my fellow Autopians...

When I purchased my current car last year, the dealer detailed the car before I took delivery, as they often do. While it was of the usual quality, I admit I really liked the smell of whatever interior product they used. It was pretty fresh, not too strong and lasted about two weeks. I can`t really describe the smell and tried to figure out what it was. I called the dealer, who says they use "Teph Seal" which is a company responsible for a lot of those "detail" jobs at dealers across the company. I asked them and they use Simoniz, which I assume is about as good as Turtle Wax, and not considered a high quality brand. Looking on THEIR website, the only thing I can figure out is that it is their carpet and upholstery cleaner, since everything else for the interior was rubber or leather dressing.

So has anyone used this stuff? I feel very awkward in admitting that I actually liked something that came out of a dealer/chain/cheap product.

I don`t like heavily perfumed scents, and the only things I`ve liked previously have been the old Megs quick interior detailer, and 3D odor eliminator (which is nice but a bit on the sweet side)

Buster906
03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Be confident in the choices you make. Only through trail and error will you find what you like and works for you.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
03-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Just because it comes from a dealer doesn`t make it junk. There is a high likely hood it`s junk, but not !00%. Just kidding. My Nissan dealer uses some Meguires products. Now if they would use them on microfiber cloths instead of red shop rags...

Swanicyouth
03-31-2017, 07:33 AM
Nobody is going to flame you hear. That`s the beauty of this forum.

If you like the product - use it. No problem.

Don
03-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Nobody is going to flame you hear. That`s the beauty of this forum.

If you like the product - use it. No problem.

^^ If it does what you want it to, and you are happy with the results, use whatever you want.

PA DETAILER
03-31-2017, 08:23 AM
That`s the fun part of detailing. If it works for you it works. Find a product(s) you like and use them often.

JSFM35X
03-31-2017, 08:45 AM
No peer pressure here, use what you like and use it often. Adopted from a master detailer Mike @ Autogeek.

MattPersman
03-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Sounds like you need to visit there guys and try to buy a bottle so you can continue using it! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accumulator
03-31-2017, 01:20 PM
Bill1975- Hey, I`m just gald you found something you like. Nice that they gave you the info rather than treating it like some Trade Secret.

EXPDetailing
03-31-2017, 01:40 PM
Maybe, you can offer an unused detailing product to the man/men responsible for spraying that interior product and ask them what they used. In other words, the detailing gift would open the door to be able to get ahold of the information you are after.

Bill1975
04-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Pretty sure I found the product in question, although I had to buy a lot of it, so hopefully it is what I think it is. It will be here Monday, and hopefully a great LSP for the interior, now that I can clean the inside with a Bissell LGM Pro Heat.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-28634-simoniz-new-car-perma-scent-32oz-6-per-case.aspx

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Accumulator
04-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Bill1975- Reasonable enough price for so much, but I can`t help but see aspects my Accumulator Persona in such a purchase :D Hope it *is* what you`re expecting!

Bill1975
04-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Sorry to say I lost this gamble. It is an air freshener with no smell, despite a light odor of ammonia or something similar. Live and learn.

Accumulator
04-18-2017, 10:23 AM
Bill1975- Aw gee, sorry to hear that. Wonder how/why you didn`t get what you were expecting...

Any chance you`ll still find a use for it? I`d give it a try and see how it goes.

Bill1975
04-18-2017, 10:27 AM
I might. As an air freshener it doesn`t really have much smell at all, and I see nothing in it that kills odors.