PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about this flash sale 🤔

Automoglow
03-21-2017, 06:30 PM
I thinking about purchasing some buffer pads. I`m leaning towards Buff and Shine 5.5 inch Flat Foam Pads 6 Pack – You Pick! Are these great pads or what? Is it worth getting a few of each color... seems the blue and green pads are almost the same. Not doing much compounding at the moment mostly medium/light polish work and some AIO polishes.

RaysWay
03-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Me and you both! Which polisher do you have?

I`m looking forward to picking up some 6" Uro-Cell pads for the first time for my LHR 15ES M2.

Between those two I prefer the stiffer green. I like pads that can keep their form for longer during use.

Automoglow
03-21-2017, 06:45 PM
I have a TORQx polisher

Automoglow
03-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Looks like they don`t make those URO ones in 5.5"

mikejames
03-21-2017, 07:31 PM
The Buff and Shine pads will do a great job for you, they`re a quality product. They work great for your type polisher!

RaysWay
03-21-2017, 07:37 PM
If you have a 5 inch backing plate, the 6 inch Uro-Cell pads will bevel down to a 5 inch backing. So it would fit perfectly on a 5 inch BP. I haven`t used the Uro-Cell pads yet, but the foam is very similar to the Hydro-Tech pads from Lake Country and they cut and finish amazing. The downside with the "hydroshed" pads is they weren`t very durable (hence the name), but Buff and Shine is known for being indestrucible.

mikejames
03-21-2017, 08:40 PM
I have used the B&S 4" and 5.5" flat pads for several years with my Harbor Freight DA with great success.

ViperGuy21
03-21-2017, 09:05 PM
The Uro-Cell pads Ray mentioned are awesome!

I use them on my GG6" and absolutely love them. Maroon for cutting, yellow for polishing, white for glaze/seal/wax-ing.

BudgetPlan1
03-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Me and you both! Which polisher do you have?

I`m looking forward to picking up some 6" Uro-Cell pads for the first time for my LHR 15ES M2.

Between those two I prefer the stiffer green. I like pads that can keep their form for longer during use.

Description mentioned Uro Cell not for long-throw polishers? Won`t hold up, perhaps?

These pads are designed for use on dual action polishers, random orbital polishers, forced rotation dual action polishers and rotary polishers. You do not want to use them with a long-throw polisher.

512detail
03-22-2017, 12:15 AM
uro tech is recommended for long throw and da

uro cell for rotary

i talked to the guys at that booth at df and they had me blow through the pads and i forget which one did what but one is open cell and one is closed

Civicclutch
03-22-2017, 12:39 AM
uro tech is recommended for long throw and da

uro cell for rotary

i talked to the guys at that booth at df and they had me blow through the pads and i forget which one did what but one is open cell and one is closed

Oh I have so many responses for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

512detail
03-22-2017, 01:59 AM
lol
he handed me a pad and said -put this up to your mouth and blow through it-
i cant type what I initially said on this forum