PDA

View Full Version : Spy shots of new Toyota Supra

LEDetailng
03-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Spied! Toyota Supra Poses for a Close-up - Motor Trend (http://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-supra-spied-up-close-at-gas-station/)

Looks like Toyota recreated the mid 90`s Supra. I see very similar design and shapes from 20 years ago. I`m excited to see this, the ZR1, and the mid-engine Corvette out of camouflage.

I wish the NSX looked more like the original. The new NSX is a great looking car but I still prefer the original style.

rlmccarty2000
03-17-2017, 06:13 PM
I`m pulling for a twin turbo V-6 for the engine. I love BMW engines, but it just wouldn`t be right in a Toyota. BMW engines are just too smooth for a Toyota. I hope the price is in the $60k range, but I imagine it will be around $90k. I hope Toyota is not using it to compete with the NSX or GT-R. I was a big fan of Supras back in the day and owned a Celica before it was a Supra.

512detail
03-17-2017, 11:09 PM
I`m pulling for a twin turbo V-6 for the engine. I love BMW engines, but it just wouldn`t be right in a Toyota. BMW engines are just too smooth for a Toyota. I hope the price is in the $60k range, but I imagine it will be around $90k. I hope Toyota is not using it to compete with the NSX or GT-R. I was a big fan of Supras back in the day and owned a Celica before it was a Supra.
why not still use the 2jz? its still a fantastic engine

MattPersman
03-18-2017, 05:15 AM
Probably emissions concerns of some sort. That is mostly why old engines get tossed aside for something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

House of Wax
03-25-2017, 08:50 AM
It does look like they took a lot of the design from the classic Supras.....which is a good thing. I`m not a big import guy, but I have always liked those