PDA

View Full Version : Interior odor: 2016 BMW 550i

Chicago550
03-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi

I have this vehicle and it had a musty mildew odor throughout the car and hvac. Dealer cleaned evaporator coils twice (?klima) and I have used ozone, bombs, all odor neutralizers without success

Everything that smells good masks this odor and it won`t go away. Steamed the carpets haven`t shampooed them yet. Leather cleaner and conditioner ... smell still lingers

Gently cleaned the headliner as well don`t want to steam that due to obvious reasons

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GearHead_1
03-13-2017, 12:39 PM
I`m sure that this was probably taken care of if they went to the trouble of replacing the evaporator but I had a similar problem on a brand new Ford Edge. I tried everything I could think of over a 3 month period and finally just for grins and giggles replaced the cabin air filter which of course was brand new and looked all the part. Odor was gone. Oddly to look at it or even smell it when it was in your hands it didn`t seem to be a problem but the odor was in that part.

Chicago550
03-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Interesting... thanks for reply. Evap wasn`t replaced just cleaned twice ... filters replaced twice

How long can I safely ozone a car ... I`ve always only done 2-3 hours at a time

Chicago550
06-24-2017, 11:16 AM
I had guys from odor masters treat the car and so far best results yet .... still feel like some must coming from driver and passenger front seats. Hvac air smells fresh and clean, replaced those filters a third time

Mike lambert
06-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Find a shop that sells bg products. Frigi fresh is much better than klima

Chicago550
07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
What`s a good leather cleaner ... the seats still smell musty

Accumulator
07-05-2017, 01:21 PM
What`s a good leather cleaner ... the seats still smell musty

You might need to use something that kills mold spores/microorganisms rather than a regular Leather Cleaner. I`d see what the Leather Doctor recommends, but he (Roger Koh) isn`t the easiest guy to do business with (worth it to me, but, well...fair warning).

Chicago550
07-05-2017, 02:13 PM
How do you get ahold of him