PDA

View Full Version : CSL Evo REAPPLY question

hawaiidude
03-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Ok so I tried the CSL EVOv2 combo. Love it, it`s been 4 months and still protecting really well.

I`m getting ahead of myself but a question: Let`s say after a year and I want to reapply CSL EVO again. What do I do? Do I do the regular steps of WASH, NANOSCRUB, CARPRO POLISH, CSL, EVO again? Or something else?

512detail
03-10-2017, 04:47 PM
after two years you could apply exo again...but I would NOT apply both again at your desired time frame

I`d do a thorough decontamination wash (with iron remover) once you can verify the exo is all but gone and then just top again

OR other option you could buy some c2v3 and use that once the exo wears off the csl

The Guz
03-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Definitely do a decontamination wash once or twice a year regardless. It will keep your coating performing at it`s best as well keeping it as contaminant free as possible. Especially if you are going to reapply another coat. With proper maintenance I am sure Exo can last longer than the 2 years.

512detail
03-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Definitely do a decontamination wash once or twice a year regardless. It will keep your coating performing at it`s best as well keeping it as contaminant free as possible. Especially if you are going to reapply another coat. With proper maintenance I am sure Exo can last longer than the 2 years.

agreed...but csl + exo doesn`t really get clogged like csl or exo alone (from what I have experienced at least) but better safe than sorry of course

IID
03-11-2017, 12:29 AM
If you attempt applying EXO2 over the CSL/EXO2 combo while the combo is still effective, the new application of CSL or EXO2 ..... they will repel themselves to what`s already there (for personal experimentation).

hawaiidude
03-13-2017, 02:22 AM
thanks guys. What exact steps for decontamination do you recommend? If I do that, do I need to apply another coat?

I`m still amazed at how this is holding up.

hawaiidude
03-21-2017, 12:11 AM
?

512detail
03-21-2017, 01:26 AM
in a few months I`d use a paint safe iron remover on the paint as directed and then wash it with a good soap.

that will clean up any junk that has built up on the exo top coat

you are thinking far too much ahead with your reapplication idea. I`m over half a year ahead of you with my csl+exo experiment so as long as I keep my truck another year or two I will inevitably approach this scenario and share my experience

plus im using v2 on my truck so it should go quicker than v3 if thats what you used as top coat

edit- although i still think its probably just a better idea to begin using c2v3 once the exo top coat goes. csl+c2v3 is no slouch as a combo

hawaiidude
03-21-2017, 10:10 PM
OK thank you. I guess I am thinking too far ahead, haha. I think I used v2. I`ve used c2v3 as a quick detailer after washing. Maybe I`ll back off some on it.

The Guz
03-21-2017, 10:18 PM
I would add a little APC to your car wash to remove the built up road grime on top of the iron remover.