PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

dschribs
03-05-2017, 04:16 PM
When you guys need a straight up cleaner for interiors - something w no conditioners or protectants - what do you normally use? Just looking for a plain cleaner that can be used on leather, vinyl, and door panels.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

BadgerRivFan
03-05-2017, 05:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/f3c9a48a086aed88e9b4cd7ba9460da2.jpg

This one is a good choice!

jrock645
03-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Optimum Power Clean works on anything

nickclark08
03-05-2017, 07:26 PM
I literally just got done cleaning the gear shift and steering wheel in my wife`s car. Used Griots Interior Cleaner, which was an impulse buy while at oreillys getting windshield wipers.

I have nothing to compare it to, but sure did get rid of a bunch of junk scrubbing with a detailing brush.

briarpatch
03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
X2 for Griots Interior Cleaner

dschribs
03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
I literally just got done cleaning the gear shift and steering wheel in my wife`s car. Used Griots Interior Cleaner, which was an impulse buy while at oreillys getting windshield wipers.

I have nothing to compare it to, but sure did get rid of a bunch of junk scrubbing with a detailing brush.

X2 for Griots Interior Cleaner

I`m thinking I might go that route. I`m getting more and more stuff from Griots lately. They have really stepped up thier game.

trashmanssd
03-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Yeah and its a 35oz bottle for 12.99 not on sale, thats not bad value for RTU.

Poorboy
03-06-2017, 01:51 PM
When you guys need a straight up cleaner for interiors - something w no conditioners or protectants - what do you normally use? Just looking for a plain cleaner that can be used on leather, vinyl, and door panels.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

APC diluted 15:1 ... Natural Look as a RTU also cleans great and saves a step of dressing ..

Accumulator
03-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Depends what I`m cleaning off of what surfece. Leaving leather aside, depending on the job, I use:

-Griot`s Interior Cleaner (awfully gentle and there`s a reason why I chose "awfully" ;) But I use it a lot)
-Ultima Gel (also gentle but a bit more potent, like the no-rinsing idea but sometimes do it anyhow)
-3D APC (really, REALLY like this, very effective, easy rinsing, gentle enough; if I could only have one...)
-OPC (my go-to for tough jobs and when emulsifying grease is a priority)

Leather:

-Griot`s Interior Cleaner (so gentle...)
-Ultima Gel
-Leather Masters Strong (diluted as needed)
-Leather Doctor (various cleaners and rinse agents, wonderful stuff, will probably replace the others when I use them up)

carnage
03-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Has anyone tried Britemax Interior Cleaner? If so how does it clean, does it compete with other interior cleaning product?

Mbkite
03-06-2017, 04:25 PM
I am going to try kenotek this year..

Accumulator
03-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Britemax? Kenotech? Heh heh, those sound like brands my local autobody/paint supply place would stock (no, NO...that`s not intended as a criticism!).

For some reason I always scratch my head over people choosing product lines that I`ve never heard of..but of course I`m undoubtedly pretty ignorant about all the different ones out there since I don`t really look into such stuff very often. And I`ve been known to like obscure stuff myself :D

Poorboy
03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Britemax? Kenotech? Heh heh, those sound like brands my local autobody/paint supply place would stock (no, NO...that`s not intended as a criticism!).

For some reason I always scratch my head over people choosing product lines that I`ve never heard of..but of course I`m undoubtedly pretty ignorant about all the different ones out there since I don`t really look into such stuff very often. And I`ve been known to like obscure stuff myself :D

If you worked at car shows as long as i have, you will have seen all sorts of small companies come and go (we were one a long time ago) .. some can sustain doing local sales some don`t!

The Driver
03-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Optimum Power Clean, 1Z Cockpit, 1z deep plastic cleaner & water.

That`s pretty much all I use on the interior.

Accumulator
03-07-2017, 04:34 PM
If you worked at car shows as long as i have, you will have seen all sorts of small companies come and go (we were one a long time ago) .. some can sustain doing local sales some don`t!

No doubt! Heh heh, on all counts :D

And yeah, a small local place near me is still doing fine with their line, more power to them.