PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire crystal coat love hate relationshop

MattPersman
02-26-2017, 11:52 AM
So there I am Sunday morning lots of front fender bonded contaminates that seem to be the norm for our 2016 Odyssey in diamond white. Ran the car through the "soft cloth" broadway car wash yesterday. Yeah I know I`m a hack. But anyways not scared to admit such things I am thinking let polish the front fenders and hood out and do and old fashioned 50/50 comparison with 2 products and see about bonded contaminates and or longevity

Clayed panels nano sponged panels a couple times. Polished the panels with Wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0. Sprayed blackfire crystal coat paint prep on said panels. Called it good.

So let`s do zaino z2 pro vs sonax PNS. On second thought I went through all this work let`s try a coating on the entire area. Oh look the dreaded crystal coat from blackfire. Enter villain music.

So I went for it with out much expectation because as most know this stuff is dreadful for most users.

Back in 2014 Or 2015 used it on a new car then. It was a Barcelona red Toyota and wow it worked and looked very good.

Dabbled with it a few more times and dang this stuff is very terrible to use

Fast forward to today. On the van. Stuff worked. Haven`t pulled it in the sun yet but hell it worked. Little time consuming but many quartz coatings are. But let me tell you it actually worked

I`ll update in the next few weeks etc to see how it holds up and looks. Thanks for taking a bit of time to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atgonzales
02-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Glad to see the new formula works, I used the first time and had a horrible experience

MattPersman
02-26-2017, 12:04 PM
It wasn`t new it was the old bottle I got in 2014 or 2015

rlmccarty2000
02-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I`ve seen too many horror stories about Blackfire Coating. With all the coatings on the market that have great track records why even try the stuff? I might try it if I got it for free. Might.

Fif_gen_powa
02-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Was there a new version made? I purchased crystal coat on sale a few weeks ago without looking into it first and now all the bad feedback worries me

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Guz
02-27-2017, 12:36 AM
I`ve seen too many horror stories about Blackfire Coating. With all the coatings on the market that have great track records why even try the stuff? I might try it if I got it for free. Might.

Trust you don`t even want to use it if you got it for free. I traded someone for it and it was terrible. I ended up tossing it in the trash. I know Nick was working on a reformulation. I hope someone is working on it now that he is running McKee`s 37.

atgonzales
02-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Trust you don`t even want to use it if you got it for free. I traded someone for it and it was terrible. I ended up tossing it in the trash. I know Nick was working on a reformulation. I hope someone is working on it now that he is running McKee`s 37.

Mike

I hope you are right, I still have my bottle and always brings back horrible memories of application and do hope someone is work on a reformulation

dpk20x
02-27-2017, 08:51 AM

N

trashmanssd
02-27-2017, 09:06 AM
I`ve seen too many horror stories about Blackfire Coating. With all the coatings on the market that have great track records why even try the stuff? I might try it if I got it for free. Might.I got it free with an order and I quit after one panel, Tried it on textured exterior plastics on one the rubbish trucks latter and it seemed ok for that as I just applied and let it dry no buffing as I was not worried about streaking on textured plastics.

512detail
02-27-2017, 11:58 AM
I wouldn`t give that stuff to an enemy!

Worst free gifts ever, lol

many months later I`d still find high spots on my truck when washing it