PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon q2m compound

Pages : [1] 2

WashRinseRepeat
02-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Anyone use this yet and or their polish? Gyeon makes great products so I`m intrigued.

Paul - Will Autopia be getting this and if so, any idea on when?

Ronkh
02-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Wait for Mike Lambert, he`s In the know.

512detail
02-14-2017, 08:07 PM
I can`t afford a new compound but I did see this in my cart the other day on another site, lol, didn`t purchase anything though

just splurged on master compound myself actually but I`m interested in Gyeon`s coating primer option as I see myself buying Mohs in the future.

as far as these products coming I think I recall Paul saying they were waiting on the shipment info but maybe that was referring to Exov3

WashRinseRepeat
02-14-2017, 08:25 PM
I can`t afford a new compound but I did see this in my cart the other day on another site, lol, didn`t purchase anything though

just splurged on master compound myself actually but I`m interested in Gyeon`s coating primer option as I see myself buying Mohs in the future.

as far as these products coming I think I recall Paul saying they were waiting on the shipment info but maybe that was referring to Exov3

Thought about getting this too, but on one of the reviews it states that it has a lack of cutting power.....your thoughts?

512detail
02-14-2017, 08:42 PM
Thought about getting this too, but on one of the reviews it states that it has a lack of cutting power.....your thoughts?
lack of cutting power on what?
I have neither the gyeon or pa compound but will find out on the pa one soon enough

WashRinseRepeat
02-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Master Compound - "I docked this compound 2 stars because of its lack of cutting power. I`m used to Menz FG400 or Rupes Zephyr or Meg`s D300 for use on neglected paint, this compound does not compare well. I love the color and the smell and I will continue to use it as a medium cut compound/polish. I was using this on very hard BMW paint but this IS a German compound so I figured it would cut. I used a Meg`s microfiber cutting pad so it was not the pads fault."

512detail
02-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Master Compound - "I docked this compound 2 stars because of its lack of cutting power. I`m used to Menz FG400 or Rupes Zephyr or Meg`s D300 for use on neglected paint, this compound does not compare well. I love the color and the smell and I will continue to use it as a medium cut compound/polish. I was using this on very hard BMW paint but this IS a German compound so I figured it would cut. I used a Meg`s microfiber cutting pad so it was not the pads fault."
well damn. I haven`t pulled the trigger on the PA order yet...now you have me second guessing
I`m one of those people who waits till the last minute to fire the order button, lol

Ronkh
02-14-2017, 08:51 PM
well damn. I haven`t pulled the trigger on the PA order yet...now you have me second guessing
I`m one of those people who waits till the last minute to fire the order button, lol

Better hurry :D

WashRinseRepeat
02-14-2017, 08:53 PM

Sorry, thought you already had it and used it. That`s one of the reasons I haven`t tried it yet as well.

Guess I`ll get back on topic and do what Ron said and wait for Mike Lambert.

Ronkh
02-14-2017, 08:55 PM
<--- smart

(please refer to my signature line) :ph34r:

512detail
02-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Sorry, thought you already had it and used it. That`s one of the reasons I haven`t tried it yet as well.

Guess I`ll get back on topic and do what Ron said and wait for Mike Lambert.

well I just found a way to repurpose that $ towards something else, lol

I`d like to know more about this gyeon compound as well as Mike`s thoughts on the q2 primer if he`s used it

once I sell a few more coatings i`m gonna give gyeon mohs a try

Mike lambert
02-15-2017, 07:34 AM
I have not tried it and have no desire to. Reviews are not good and I really don`t like the primer! Very sticky to remove and left a lot of residue.

WashRinseRepeat
02-15-2017, 07:50 AM
Thanks Mike, I`ll skip this purchase and go with something more established.

Mike lambert
02-15-2017, 08:20 AM
We have gone exclusively Griots.

Paul@Autopia
02-15-2017, 09:22 AM
We will be launching the Compound, Polish and Primer on our site as soon :bigups
I have a bottle of each on my desk that I will be trying out when I get some time this week.