PDA

View Full Version : 2015 BMW 335i dressed in Glazier Silver

WashRinseRepeat
02-06-2017, 08:19 PM
That`s what my co-worker drives and next weekend, weather permitting, wants me to polish and coat. I looked at it today and from what I can see it was maintained fairly good, has the usual love marks but other than that, pretty good shape. I am curious if anyone has worked on one and knows if its a hard or soft clear coat. I will do a test spot but if someone could tell me if its on the harder side, I could save a little time and start off a bit more aggressive.

This is what I have to work with: Compounds (which I don`t think it needs) HD Cut, Griots Complete Compound and Pinnacle Advance Compound. Polish - Poorboys World Pro Polish or Carpro Reflect. Machines - GG6, GG3, Rupes Nano and G15. Pads - Various cuts from Buff & Shine, for the G15 I have the BOSS microfiber, white and yellow pads. Hopefully I will have the PA Master Final Polish II and the Scangrips lights that I ordered this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated. I`m terrible with taking before and during pictures, not so much with the afters but will definitely try to knock some of those out and post a "complete" detail.

Ronkh
02-06-2017, 08:21 PM
EX for BMW jet black, bmw`s are notoriously hard paints.

Eat your spinach

nickclark08
02-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing the write-up. What coating are you planning to use?

WashRinseRepeat
02-06-2017, 09:02 PM
EX for BMW jet black, bmw`s are notoriously hard paints.

Eat your spinach

Thanks

Looking forward to seeing the write-up. What coating are you planning to use?

Sorry, meant to mention this. It will be Pinnacle Black Label V2

TheMeanGreen
02-06-2017, 09:49 PM
That`s what my co-worker drives and next weekend, weather permitting, wants me to polish and coat. I looked at it today and from what I can see it was maintained fairly good, has the usual love marks but other than that, pretty good shape. I am curious if anyone has worked on one and knows if its a hard or soft clear coat. I will do a test spot but if someone could tell me if its on the harder side, I could save a little time and start off a bit more aggressive.

This is what I have to work with: Compounds (which I don`t think it needs) HD Cut, Griots Complete Compound and Pinnacle Advance Compound. Polish - Poorboys World Pro Polish or Carpro Reflect. Machines - GG6, GG3, Rupes Nano and G15. Pads - Various cuts from Buff & Shine, for the G15 I have the BOSS microfiber, white and yellow pads. Hopefully I will have the PA Master Final Polish II and the Scangrips lights that I ordered this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated. I`m terrible with taking before and during pictures, not so much with the afters but will definitely try to knock some of those out and post a "complete" detail.

Like others said, be prepared to work. You`ll be earning your money.

WashRinseRepeat
02-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Guess I have my work cut out for me

WashRinseRepeat
02-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Detail got postponed till next weekend

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WashRinseRepeat
02-17-2017, 09:49 AM
So this guy total cancelled on me....decided to do engine mods instead.

Migue
02-17-2017, 09:59 AM
bummer, people`s lack of commitment when they make appointments really grinds my gears.

atgonzales
02-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Don`t forget do a test spot and as Mike Phillips has always said, least aggressive method and you will be a winner

RaydiantDetail
02-17-2017, 12:25 PM
So this guy total cancelled on me....decided to do engine mods instead.

Sorry to hear. This is why I started taking 10% deposits from people for correction jobs when they book.
They can transfer the deposit to another date no issues. It just sets apart people who are serious about it to people who are just thinking about it/ on the fence. Especially if you have set aside time and done a consultation with them and told them exactly what to expect or booked the weekend for them and turned away other customers.