PDA

View Full Version : Pb bio degreaser

PA DETAILER
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Poorboy (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/biodegradable-all-purpose-cleaner-and-degreaser.html)

Looking for some feedback on the product.
Thank`s.

Poorboy
02-01-2017, 03:07 PM
it is an All Purpose Cleaner that is highly dilutable it was developed with a friend that worked (now retired) at Lockheed Martin. it was was tested over and over by the EPA , in storm drains, in the air , etc..and was put on the government approved list of products.

At full strength it can clean engines, fighter jets and tarmacs ... diluted 15:1 it is what most people would use to clean nasty leather or vinyl ... tires , carpet, etc..

does that help?

ShaneB
02-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Is it low foam? I may want to try it in my steamer but I was told to make sure whatever I use for injection is low/no foam. Right now I`m using duprays Biovap APC.

im also going to go full biodegradeable/non toxic cleaners with my interior details and market that as part of my detailing process. So I`m pretty interested in giving it a shot.

Also can`t help but notice autopias page says it can be diluted 1:1 for carpet and stuff... I assume that the ratios are a little different based on your reply above

Poorboy
02-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Is it low foam? I may want to try it in my steamer but I was told to make sure whatever I use for injection is low/no foam. Right now I`m using duprays Biovap APC.

im also going to go full biodegradeable/non toxic cleaners with my interior details and market that as part of my detailing process. So I`m pretty interested in giving it a shot.

little to no foam at all .. you might also want to talk to Dwayne about a sample of an Extractor product we are working on ;)

ShaneB
02-01-2017, 05:38 PM
little to no foam at all .. you might also want to talk to Dwayne about a sample of an Extractor product we are working on ;)

Definitely interested. Although I just bought 2 gallons of a cleaner called eco green that mixes 32:1 so I`m pretty stocked up on carpet/upholstery cleaner. Always willing to try new things tough, especially poorboys products!

mobiledynamics
02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Shane. Just curious. How/what is your process.
I don`t use our Hill Injection for auto detailing- just not my cup of tea.

Huge fan of extractors....TLC cleaners are 32:1 in general.
I use a upholstery wand (sapphire scientific) which literally leaves very little moisture when all said and done.

ShaneB
02-02-2017, 03:32 PM
I steam basically everything. Have been since I started 3 years ago. I let the steam do the work for the most part, when I get to sticky/nasty stuff, I`ll inject the cleaner as needed. not needing to reach for a spray bottle anymore is amazing since I have it all at my fingertips. I`ll adjust the flow of the injection based on what I`m cleaning. Plastic, vinyl and leather I`ll typically only have the knob about half way to full, when pre treating stains in carpet and upholstery I`ll go full to saturate the stain with superheated cleaner. Having the injection has increased my efficiency tremendously as I no longer really need to let things dwell either since the heat makes super quick work of everything.

Ive noticed a number of people who don`t like to use steam for detailing. They can discolor plastic. It`s all relative to how hot you let things get. I can`t say I haven`t done it myself but I`ve learned to use it now where that`s not an issue. Just like you need to exercise caution with a strong pressure washer on paint, you need to use caution when using a steamer on an interior. It can damage things if you are not careful

mobiledynamics
02-02-2017, 04:32 PM
I hear ya Shane. I think for a pro, it`s almost indispensible just merely due to productivity.....and what you encounter working the auto detailing field.

For a weekend warrior like myself, with the known variable of upkept vehicles, different POV. Not a fan of the steamer on the cars. While very limited use, more of a garage queen, I do love my carpet extractor with the dedicated upholstery wand. Night and day difference in terms moisture. Maybe even performance just because of how the waters is injected/extracted in the looping pass : https://www.sapphirescientific.com/Content_003.aspx?cid=1233