PDA

View Full Version : Not Brazillian Carnauba.. Floridian!

WaxAddict
01-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Brazil is the only exporting country harvesting carnauba. However, did you know the palms that produce carnauba can also grow in Florida? Zymol is doing it! I heard that Zymol also makes wax from banana trees, and this article seems to substantiate that somewhat. Any more info? This make me want to grab a jar. Local made and hand crafted.

Car Wash Grown Fresh in Florida (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/car-wash-grown-fresh-in-florida-137690098.html)

jtford95
01-26-2017, 02:55 AM
I would try it

xspwrstang
01-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Those palm trees are all over the place down here (south TX). I never knew they were used for making carnuba wax. I always thought they were useless...tall skinny, create lots of trash in dead layers of branches, and don`t offer any shade. Now to find out they make my shine possible! I love them! lol. Thanks for the info!

rlmccarty2000
01-26-2017, 10:29 AM
I noticed the article was from 2012. I haven`t seen many new products from Zymol lately besides a bucket caddy.

845guy
01-26-2017, 01:17 PM
I wouldn`t think investing in your own carnauba farm is the way to go at this point. There are so many advancements now with coatings, sealants, etc. that waxing might not be a thing of the past but it`s not something to invest in.