PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Wax

WaxAddict
01-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Anyone heard of this brand or used it? They have a liquid wax and a few sprays and lotions. Someone did a review of their soap on here last year. Looks to be another Adams or CG. I don`t want to seem dismissive - it could be the best stuff on earth, I don`t know. But, the QD looks like Speed Wipe or Adams, the wax looks like Buttery Wax. I`m not sure what niche they are trying to fill.

Attractive packaging, and good prices, so all`s fair. http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32833&stc=1

rlmccarty2000
01-25-2017, 04:38 PM
I don`t want to be dismissive either, but I think there are only so many things you can do with liquid waxes. Probably looks nice, but we know the key is surface prep. I`ve never been a liquid wax fan though.

Angus
01-25-2017, 04:48 PM
Never heard of it before. After some digging I found a review done here last year:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/184526-rocket-wax-wash-gloss-review.html

WaxAddict
02-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Got me some of that Wash & Gloss and it`s VERY slick and adds copious amounts of gloss. Works as described, and the "slipperiness" is best of anything I have. I doubt I`ll use it on my garaged car because the gloss somewhat transformative, but it added bling to the GF`s bug.

edit: hmmm, the guy that reviewed it last year said the lubricity wasn`t great, but it`s slicker than either Lusso, CarPro, or Duragloss soaps I have on hand.

Ronkh
02-26-2017, 08:06 PM

James Bond approved ??? Formulated by Q.

Can only use it on British and German vehicles.

WaxAddict
02-26-2017, 08:38 PM

James Bond approved ??? Formulated by Q.

Can only use it on British and German vehicles.

At least they didn`t start their product numbers with a high number to make it look like they`ve been around a long time or say they`ve been in the business since before that were born (Masterson). Kind of like building the log cabin you were born in.