PDA

View Full Version : RivFan Review: Poorboy`s World Air Freshener - Leather

BadgerRivFan
01-17-2017, 03:05 PM
An air freshener review? Sure, why not!

Last fall (if I remember correctly), there was a bit of good-natured banter here on the Autopia forum about the availability of another Poorboy`s Air Freshener - the infamous Strawberry scent. Now I never paid too much attention to discussions about air fresheners, but there was enough back and forth chatter about that product that I decided to pick up a bottle and see what all of the fuss was about. After using it a few times, I realized that the strawberry scent was very pleasant but didn`t tend to last very long. This wasn`t a problem as I found that simply using an air freshener did make a noticeable improvement in the cleanliness smell of my interior - even after the strawberry fragrance had dissipated.

I like the leather scent used in Griot`s Leather 3-in-1 spray, as well as Poorboy`s Leather Stuff product. The scent left behind by these two products also doesn`t seem to last terribly long.

So I decided to pick up another Poorboy`s air freshener and thought I would give the Leather fragrance a go. I`m very happy that I did! Tried a few spritzes over the weekend and I can still smell the pleasant leather fragrance in my interior a couple of days later. Well done Poorboy`s! Interestingly, the Poorboy`s leather scent bottle is $14.99, while their other fragrances are $7.99 - $8.99. Not sure if the added cost is due to the better "durability," but I don`t really even care. If you like that clean leather smell in your car`s interior don`t hesitate grabbing a bottle of Poorboy`s!

512detail
01-17-2017, 03:08 PM
that fresh smell you get after the scent goes away is from the bacteria killing goodness in that bottle :)

I have all of their scents and I think I like cherry the best personally, but surprisingly green apple has been my customer`s most selected scent out of them all

512detail
01-17-2017, 03:27 PM
I`m still waiting on Steve to make a bubble gum (natty`s blue) scent!

Poorboy
01-17-2017, 03:51 PM
. Well done Poorboy`s! Interestingly, the Poorboy`s leather scent bottle is $14.99, while their other fragrances are $7.99 - $8.99. Not sure if the added cost is due to the better "durability," but I don`t really even care. If you like that clean leather smell in your car`s interior don`t hesitate grabbing a bottle of Poorboy`s!

Thanks for the review and the $14.99 is a 32oz bottle and the $7.99 would be the 16oz bottle ;)

They are water-based scents and do dissipate , we once made an oil based and it was too easy to abuse and could keep a person out of their own vehicle :o

JustJesus
01-17-2017, 04:14 PM
mmmm....strawberry scent. I bought a gallon of that stuff, it`s so good

I`m about to run out of the 16oz bottle, and instead of refilling it, I`m going to try the Pina Colada version. I`m sure I won`t be disappointed, as Poorboy`s makes the best smelling stuff out there. :)

512detail
01-18-2017, 06:46 AM
mmmm....strawberry scent. I bought a gallon of that stuff, it`s so good

I`m about to run out of the 16oz bottle, and instead of refilling it, I`m going to try the Pina Colada version. I`m sure I won`t be disappointed, as Poorboy`s makes the best smelling stuff out there. :)
pina colada is nice too

RTexasF
01-18-2017, 08:56 AM
My favorite is the Green Apple. I had two containers that "went bad" and smelled very sour so I had to pour them out. I hated to do so but it was no longer usable.