PDA

View Full Version : The DI Daily Special has jumped the shark too many times

Pages : [1] 2

WaxAddict
01-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Razor blades, Isopropyl alcohol, razor blade holders...
I must admit they "got" me once or twice... IronX maybe, or a towel, but it`s so mundane that I`m losing interest.

Accumulator
01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
I get so [darn] many Daily Specials that I`m just in the habit of deleting `em as part of my daily housecleaning. But every now and then the DI one just happens to coincide with exactly what I need :D

The Guz
01-16-2017, 12:16 PM
The best DI daily special was the scangrip handheld with the pen light for just over $100. I missed out on that one. Don`t think it will ever be that low now that they raised the price on that combo. They also don`t allow discounts on it unlike purchasing the scangrip lights here on autopia with a sale.

RaydiantDetail
01-16-2017, 02:18 PM
The best DI daily special was the scangrip handheld with the pen light for just over $100. I missed out on that one. Don`t think it will ever be that low now that they raised the price on that combo. They also don`t allow discounts on it unlike purchasing the scangrip lights here on autopia with a sale.

That is when I picked it up. That was my only purchase from DI last year lol.

mobiledynamics
01-16-2017, 02:44 PM
WAY WAY OT. But how many of ya`ll purchase from DI....

As a new year has approached and I do my usual purging of new stuff in, old stuff to be donated/etc....I was pondering on past retailers I`ve used. AA, DI, etc.

Just been PBMG and DD for the last couple of years.
Competition in any space is good though.......

Angus
01-16-2017, 03:11 PM
I will say DI Ask a Pro blog`s product write-ups and photos are very very good. I enjoy reading them. It`s also cool how they spotlight fellow Autopian`s write-up in their Detailing Enthusiast Monthly section.

boomdone
01-16-2017, 04:04 PM
One thing I like about DI is the variable shipping. Ive ordered some small items like applicators and a microfiber towel and only paid a few bucks in shipping. But the only significant thing I purchased through them this year was a GG6 with 25` cord for $120 right before the holidays. It was a Daily Special.

The Guz
01-16-2017, 04:27 PM
WAY WAY OT. But how many of ya`ll purchase from DI....

As a new year has approached and I do my usual purging of new stuff in, old stuff to be donated/etc....I was pondering on past retailers I`ve used. AA, DI, etc.

Just been PBMG and DD for the last couple of years.
Competition in any space is good though.......

I purchase from there only if I need like 1 or 2 things or if something is not carried by the geek or Autopia. Just like my recent purchase of Exo V3. Bigger orders always through Autopia or Autogeek. Lately more Autopia due to the rewards program and price matching. DI doesn`t price match. It would be nice if they did. Even detailing dot come price matches.

I do like the shipping times with DI as it takes 3 days for me to get stuff where as with Autopia and Autogeek it`s often 5-7 days to the west coast.

I will say DI Ask a Pro blog`s product write-ups and photos are very very good. I enjoy reading them and it`s cool how they spotlight fellow-Autopian`s write-up in their Detailing Enthusiast Monthly section.

Yeah those are nice write ups.

WaxAddict
01-16-2017, 04:45 PM
One thing I like about DI is the variable shipping. ...

Yeah, they`ll do $2.70 shipping on towels, and they have a few good towels. My only beef with DI is their Poorboy`s and Dodo Juice selection (among others) isn`t complete enough for me to make a full order. If I have to split orders, I might as well get it from one source.

Speaking of competition, ADS seems to have dwindled down, and the Blue Kona towels are gone. Sad.

I have an idea, what about a forum-only daily special from Autopia?

donbeezy
01-16-2017, 08:20 PM
ive never ordered anything from DI before.... doesnt feel like im missing out on anything tbh.

kevincwelch
01-16-2017, 08:27 PM
I`ve done the occasional order from DI; it was the only place I knew of that carried 22PLE. They do (did?) ship much faster than autopia or AG, but everything I use now is on autopia/Geek, and my browsing of DI is limited to seeing if there is anything that is new that AG doesn`t carry.

mobiledynamics
01-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Anyone still have a DC with AA - if they even still offer DC.
When I was a member, pricing was impressive

BudgetPlan1
01-16-2017, 09:00 PM
ive never ordered anything from DI before.... doesnt feel like im missing out on anything tbh.
If yer in the NE area, their occasional discounts and reasonable shipping for smaller orders makes `em cheaper for stuff like pads, single bottles of something and such. And usually order Monday, at my door Wednesday.

They have their moments.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Justins00ss
01-17-2017, 06:06 AM
If yer in the NE area, their occasional discounts and reasonable shipping for smaller orders makes `em cheaper for stuff like pads, single bottles of something and such. And usually order Monday, at my door Wednesday.

They have their moments.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Was just going to say that. Once in a blue moon I have used DI.

yg1829
01-17-2017, 08:19 AM
I actually just placed my first order from them. They are only about 3 hours from me. Got some ech2o but didn`t want it to freeze so I waited for some warmer weather and got it in 2 day because they are so close.

They have some new microfibers on their website that sound pretty cool. There is no pics yet but the description makes them sound just like the griots PFM`s and they are a couple bucks cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk