PDA

View Full Version : Ultima paint guard

PA DETAILER
01-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus Clearcoat Paint Sealant Car Wax (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-1004-100.html)

Not talked about much anymore, but does this product still shine? Guess with all the choices now it has fell on the back burner. Read the new water based formulas are not as good? True? Easy to apply LSP no doubt. Guess their paint prep/cleaner should be used before application to get the best results, correct?

Ultima Paint Prep Plus Pre-wax Polish (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ult-4012-120.html)

Mic575
01-01-2017, 12:36 PM
I am really new to the higher quality detail products and techniques. With that said, I used it after their paint prep/cleaner at the end of the summer and into fall. For me, it was just ok. It went on easy, no streaking or high spots and I did not need to follow with any wipe off at all on a light colored car. I put two coats on initially. I just was not that impressed with the level of protection. Beading only lasted a few weeks and after a few washes I was feeling like there wasn`t much there. I have ended up just planning to use what I have up and start with something new in the spring.

DaveT435
01-01-2017, 02:51 PM
I am really new to the higher quality detail products and techniques. With that said, I used it after their paint prep/cleaner at the end of the summer and into fall. For me, it was just ok. It went on easy, no streaking or high spots and I did not need to follow with any wipe off at all on a light colored car. I put two coats on initially. I just was not that impressed with the level of protection. Beading only lasted a few weeks and after a few washes I was feeling like there wasn`t much there. I have ended up just planning to use what I have up and start with something new in the spring.

That`s to hear. Before the change it was an incredible product. Got two years out of it and beading was still strong. Just needed to be polished because of light scratching.

Old Pirate
01-01-2017, 08:37 PM
It`s another one of these great products that get push aside with the new age products coming out for the past few years.

DaveT435
01-01-2017, 10:45 PM
I`ve actually got some of the new I`m going to have to find something to try it on. Mic575 did you do a full paint prep before you applied it (wash, clay, polish, and paint prep)?

Mic575
01-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Yes, I actually did do a full prep with wash, clay, polish and prep. I hope it goes better for you because its really easy to use.

I`ve actually got some of the new I`m going to have to find something to try it on. Mic575 did you do a full paint prep before you applied it (wash, clay, polish, and paint prep)?

WaxManRonnie
01-12-2017, 08:27 AM
I bought some a few years back, tried it, and ended up getting rid of it. I didn`t care for it.