PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon wet coat application questions

PA DETAILER
12-29-2016, 07:44 AM
May be looking into this in the spring. Any special prep before applying to the paint? It is ok to use a paint cleaner or polish before application? I love the ease of application, but not sure how to prep the paint before. And what is best to maintaint it? Does it play well with wax based drying aids?

Thanks!

TheDetailer718
12-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Generally, when you are about to apply a coating, you want the paint to be immaculate. This means the following should be done.

2 bucket wash
Contaminant removal (IronX and or clay bar if needed)
Compound/Polish (Or a 1 step whichever one you prefer/ is needed on the paint)
Then you must remove absolutely everything from the paint (Polishing oils, finger prints, etc)

After application it should be relatively easy to maintain. Gyeon offers shampoos and other products that "Boost" coatings that are on the vehicle.

TroyScherer
12-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Any special prep before applying to the paint? It is ok to use a paint cleaner or polish before application?

Honestly a clean surface is always the best option. But there is really no special prep needed. I wold make sure you don`t have a wax base layer though as the wet coat would bond to the wax which is less durable.

And what is best to maintaint it? Does it play well with wax based drying aids?

This is a coating type booster product. So I would suggest Gyeon Cure, CarPro Reload, etc. These are made to work together. It seems to be fine with wax based drying aids but then you will get the wax product traits and not coating type traits that are self cleaning.

mobiledynamics
12-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Has anyone used said product or similar, Hydro on a not so clean panel....
There is a post over at Hydro`s Manuf Forum (not linking for fear of TOS), and apparently poster had issues with how his paint or glass looked like post application due to what he suspects was that he did not get the car properly clean beforehand. Neither resident CarPro USA rep or Manuf. has responded and I`m intrigued on what ill effects are there if one does apply it to a not so clean panel..

512detail
12-29-2016, 11:47 AM
I have a quick detail where I do a 2bm wash and use a clay mitt with after the soap wash and then rinse with wet coat, drying aid of Cure....I have found wetcoat to not play well with other waxes

JustJesus
12-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Isn`t Gyeon Wet Coat something you spray onto the car once you`re done washing it? Spray it on, then rinse it off with high pressure of water/

512detail
12-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Isn`t Gyeon Wet Coat something you spray onto the car once you`re done washing it? Spray it on, then rinse it off with high pressure of water/

yes