PDA

View Full Version : Who`s Next?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mikejames
12-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Three have announced they are leaving PBMG so far, who is next to go? Looks like we are in for some big changes. What do you think is going to happen or change to the forums and stores?

mobiledynamics
12-29-2016, 12:16 AM
Change in life is always inevitable. It actually got me thinking about other places I have shopped....PBMG has been my mainstay for awhile along with DD

I don`t seem much talk on the forums, and mods delete if need be, but I used to use TOL when I rocked a cyclo, then there was autoality-DC (had great pricing on products and mf), and if go even 1 step further---cannot remember the place, but if memory recalls, it was NJ based, but I got my fixin on Wurth and P21s there.

Back when David ran the helm at original autopia, I`ve purchased Sonus and Ultima.

I`m really hoping the store/cs doesn`t change. AGO has been a constant forever, and there was/is a reason for that..

ShakingHorizons
12-29-2016, 12:34 AM
"Along with DD"

What is DD? I know of DI, but no DD.

JSFM35X
12-29-2016, 04:52 AM
Detailer’s Domain.

Phil the owner of Detailer’s Donain and operates the forum Detailing Bliss. Phil is a master detailer as well as product pioneer / finder. He led the indistry to many items first, like the line Swiss Wax (going way back) , Sonax FE wheel cleaner and the first coating I ever heard of and tried Aquartz. I purchased over there long before anyone else carried these lines and products.

Some of Detailer’s domains current Nanolex offerings are down right amazing. Specifically the coatings,window sealants, wheel cleaner and convertible top protectant. The customer service there is first rate. I can`t remember a time when my complete order did not ship within 24 hours and most of be fine the same day. I live in NY and I get my order consistently the next day and either freight fee or at a very small charge when I need somethig small.

My rupes pen light went bad. Sent it back and had a new one before the end of the week.

It really shows the power and benefit of a owner operated organization. Kind of a 360 degree turn on what we`re seeing here with the new corporate investment company who is allowing brain drain to take place. I would be less concerned if I heard the guys leaving were being replaced or heard anything from the new owners. My guess is they are too busy cutting what they think are expenses (3 guys) to maximize profits without regard to what that does to service levels and quality.

I sold a company to an investment group in 1988. We delivered supplies to large industry. When I owned the company we had several trucks and We employed 1.3 driver per truck. Those guys .3 drivers worked the warehouse at driver pay when not driving. They were on hand to fill sick calls and vacation for the route drivers. They were all replaced after I sold the company by warehouse salaried employees at a big fat savings. Now when there was a sick call those deliveries we not made and the fully loaded truck sat in the yard until the following day. Driver vacations ment less deliveries made on those days. It all impacted the bottom line. First with boost and then with a drop that was unrecoverable. It`s why you need to know what stocks your buying because a jump in company profits without know why they occurred can be misleading. You must looks past the financial statements and learn why things happen before You invest.

Anyway DD is a solid "store" and they are beciase of Phils leadership. They know the benefits of products because Detailers Domain runs one of the highest quality detail shops in the country out of the same facility that warehouses and ships the detailig products. Before I learned to polish he did work on my cars and it`s how I met him. I`m not easy to satisfy as a car guy and his shop and staff has never missed in that regard and usually exceeeded my expectations. I took some of his polishing and finishing classes and fine tuned my skills.

It`s worth checking them out they really are great.

"Along with DD"

What is DD? I know of DI, but no DD.

KBsToy
12-29-2016, 05:15 AM
DD is where I get my Uber super drying towels ...Great Towel :)

texasgibby
12-29-2016, 06:20 AM
Flat rate shipping charge, free over $100...............

Mbkite
12-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Check out Phills bmw build his new car and he is a great guy
I am lucky I live close to his shop.

JSFM35X
12-29-2016, 08:24 AM
I saw that. The carbon fiber engine cover upgrade and the brembo big brake install looks amazing.

Check out Phills bmw build his new car and he is a great guy
I am lucky I live close to his shop.

mobiledynamics
12-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Just to give credit where credit is due, there are alot of lineups that we all *as detailing enthusiasts* use and carry, that DD to some degree had paved inroads for.

512detail
12-29-2016, 10:39 AM
the times, they are a changin`...

danlc95
12-29-2016, 11:39 AM
One of the more endearing traits of the PBMG sites has been the organic nature, and (seemingly) casual growth of them.

It didn`t have the cold, sterile conglomerate feel, like a Walmart forum might have.

When I bought from AGO, I did so knowing that Bob and staff would benefit. I did so consciously because I wanted them to thrive and succeed.

As of now, that feeling isn`t there like it was, but I`m willing to give it a chance.

mobiledynamics
12-29-2016, 12:10 PM
:rockon
I concur Danlc on your reasoning on purchase.

There was another thread, can`t recall the entire topic but some posters were b1chin about shipping costs..
PBMG has offered enough promo`s regularly as well as free shipping often enough.....can you say any other ADS - autodetailingsupplier has done similar promotion ?

Those that don`t ship or are just blind to it, don`t realize what entails from a shipping perspective (cost, labor and logistics)......all of which there is a cost -- just because you are not charged for it since they are offering ~free shipping~

If you like a company enough that you shop with them, you want them to thrive and be successful so that they are able to remain around.

Ronkh
12-29-2016, 12:42 PM
I`d still like to buy the forum.

This place has been "home" for years to a lot of us.

mobiledynamics
12-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Just noticed the inventory reduction sale - with wording, we don`t want to count it. Physical inventory count is usually done when your digital inventory is not up to par ;-). Reading too much into this but is the warehouse moving ?

Ronkh
12-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Just noticed the inventory reduction sale - with wording, we don`t want to count it. Physical inventory count is usually done when your digital inventory is not up to par ;-). Reading too much into this but is the warehouse moving ?

IMHO

It ain`t moving (yet) {if I were bob, I would have tied a lease to the sale as well]

again IMHO - with the problems with inventory control/shipping/out of stock/etc
I`m guessing they are lowering inventory levels and forcing vendors to drop ship stuff........ Just a guess on my part, but it sounds like it.