PDA

View Full Version : Is LHR15 Mk II + Duetto +Mini pointless?

BudgetPlan1
12-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Just recently got the 15, quite enamored with it, the whole Rupes system for that matter. Still a ways to go on technique to maximize effectiveness but it`s really a treat nonetheless.

The recent gift certificate sales have left me in a place where I could add a Duetto and a Mini to the group for about $465 in `real` money spent. Is this just dumb and redundant? I certainly ain`t no pro, usually about 20-25 cars a season at no charge but rather just for fun.

Thinking 15 on hood/trunk/roof, Duetto on vertical panels cuz it`s lighter, easier to work in those areas, Mini for the tight spots.

Looking mostly for speed, effectiveness and comfort during the job...

Still have the `ol GG6 too.

Maybe just caught up in Sale Mania...but if you were a Pro where time is money, would it be a reasonable approach? Time isn`t money too me but laziness is...just want the best results with best (least) amount of un-needed/wasted effort.

And it would help if PBMG would quit running all these sales...protect me from myself and all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The Driver
12-26-2016, 10:45 AM
If you do this and make money at it, buy both. I`ve never regretted buying any Rupes machine.

ShawnF350
12-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Duetto is on my maybe list too.
Definitely buy the mini.
I own the 15,21 and mini.
If the 15 can`t get where I want the mini works fine for me.
The 21 I use on neglected cars.
I totally agree with Driver though, no regrets on any Rupes!

CerceS550
12-26-2016, 11:24 AM
I just bought the Nano, gonna pick up the Mini in a couple months if these jobs start coming in and then I`ll grab the MKII 15 when I have some extra money laying around, or next Christmas if they have the gift card sales again.

Ended up going with the nano cause I went to get so scratches out of my front bumper and my HF polisher with 3" pad wouldn`t fit and figured that the mini would be the same height.

Accumulator
12-26-2016, 01:41 PM
BudgetPlan1- I`d be surprised if the 15 and Mini didn`t cover the middle ground and render the Duetto unnecessary. Unless I`m missig something, don`t really know from the Duetto.

Noting that I just got a Mini HD for Christmas, I`d be looking into the Nano.

rlmccarty2000
12-26-2016, 03:38 PM
The Duetto might be redundant. I like the 21, 15, Mini, Nano setup. The 21 for flat surfaces, 15 for sides, Mini for bumpers, and Nano for exterior tight spots and interior cleaning.

JSFM35X
12-26-2016, 05:09 PM
I have the gen 1, 15 and .21 and mini. Plus the long Neck Nano. That are the best. The mini is the most used.

BudgetPlan1
12-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Sounds like the Mini is a pretty worthwhile item. As for the Duetto, the thinking currently is that it`s a bit easier on vertical panels. Seems like using the 15 on vertical panels I have a tendency to not keep the pad flat due to the length of the tool; I`m putting more `hold` on the front (most often) resulting in a forward tip. More leverage with the longer chassis/handle amplify any inputs at the handle end.

Thinking that the Duetto with its PC like chassis will be more `natural` to keep flat due to its somewhat smaller size/form factor and ergonomics the generally keeps one hand directly over the pad.

In the end, trying to take as much `flawed idiot` as possible outta the process.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

felixthecat
12-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Sounds like the Mini is a pretty worthwhile item. As for the Duetto, the thinking currently is that it`s a bit easier on vertical panels. Seems like using the 15 on vertical panels I have a tendency to not keep the pad flat due to the length of the tool; I`m putting more `hold` on the front (most often) resulting in a forward tip. More leverage with the longer chassis/handle amplify any inputs at the handle end.

Thinking that the Duetto with its PC like chassis will be more `natural` to keep flat due to its somewhat smaller size/form factor and ergonomics the generally keeps one hand directly over the pad.

In the end, trying to take as much `flawed idiot` as possible outta the process.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TapatalkFor sure, couldn`t do that w/ a 3401. I to like the pc style machines, but might get a 15. For sure a mkll if I go that way.

ShawnF350
12-30-2016, 12:59 PM
I`ve got $350 to spend.
Got a 15,21, mini.
Master blaster sidekick, master blaster.
Do I go for a Duetto or something else?

HELP!!!!

Accumulator
12-30-2016, 01:20 PM
ShawnF350- Limiting the discussion to polishers, I`d just bank that and save up for the Nano.

I`m resisting the temptation to go on an !I love the Cyclo! rant because a) I seem to be rare in my undying appreciation of the thing; don`t want to waste your money since you might not feel the same about it, and b) you don`t really (IMO) need any more polishers.

ShawnF350
12-30-2016, 01:32 PM
I just really wish the Nano was offered without the batteries. (I inquired about it to Rupes, but that`s a NO) Unless your using a tool often, I just hate rechargeables.
Just a cordless drill is a must for any homeowner.
And the cyclo isn`t out of the question except buying different pads makes it a tough buy.

Accumulator
12-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Just a cordless drill is a must for any homeowner...

Yeah, I`m always amazed when people don`t have tools that I consider basic necessities but many don`t.

And the cyclo isn`t out of the question except buying different pads makes it a tough buy.
With Rupes owning CycloToolmakers and also selling 4" pads for their Mini, it might work out better than you`d expect. Not like they use pads that`re "dedicated-to-Cyclos" or anything, and they sell both regular and low-profile 4" pads for them so a Rupes-Cyclo compatibility wouldn`t surprise me at all (in fact, I`m sorta counting on it). The folks at Rupes describe the Cyclo as a "long-throw" so (some of) the same pads oughta work for both.