PDA

View Full Version : Essence + Gloss Coat

etnops
12-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Hi,

Ready to apply a coating to a new vehicle over the holiday weekend, and have the following available:
GTechnique C1
Optimum Gloss Coat
CQuartz
CQuartz UK

The vehicle only needs a light polish, if any (as it`s brand new...and dealer did not wash). My preference would be to use Essence for the polish. And my preference would be to use Gloss Coat as the LSP.

Does anyone have experience with using Gloss Coat over Essence? I seem to remember the Optimum guys mentioning they wouldn`t recommend it. However, that may have been a political type response...
If there are any known or legitimate negatives to using this combo...of course, I`ll just use good ol` CQuartz.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

BadgerRivFan
12-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Forum member "richy" a very talented detailer has posted several vehicles that he has applied both Essence and Gloss Coat to successfully. I can`t recall if he posted here or over on AGO, but if you do a search you can probably find them.

Bottom line is yes, you can polish with Essence and coat with Gloss Coat without issue...

The Guz
12-23-2016, 02:15 PM
I would still give it a wipe down prior to applying the coating just to be sure there is no residual polishing oils left behind. Richy has used both a couple of times.

Nautical
12-23-2016, 07:41 PM
I used Essence with Gloss Coat back in May of this year and I haven`t had any issues with the combo thus far. Here`s my short write up if you`re interested.
http://www.autopia.org/forums/click-brag-the-detailers-showcase/184453-tuxedo-black-focus-st-essence-gloss-coat.html

Also, I did not follow up with an IPA wipe down.

tropicsteve
12-23-2016, 07:58 PM
i`ve used essence with gloss coat with no problems. i really like essence and use as a base for sealants and waxes too.

jaimz11
12-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Looks awesome! I love that tuxedo black on Ford.

How long are you all waiting in between applying Essence and Gloss Coat?

etnops
12-24-2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the replies, Gents. Essence + Gloss Coat it is!

grungy
12-24-2016, 12:38 PM
Going to try this combo on parts of the Taurus since it needs some lovin and I have time off during the holidays.

Nautical
12-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Looks awesome! I love that tuxedo black on Ford.

How long are you all waiting in between applying Essence and Gloss Coat?

I started applying the coating right after polishing. I just started applying the coating at the same spot where I initially began polishing.