PDA

View Full Version : Pad storage...

BudgetPlan1
12-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Found an old thread that showed these, tracked some down and they work quite nicely for pad storage. Can fit about 12-14 5.5 and 6" pads in there, likely the larger 7" too as dimensions are 8.875 inches H x 9.625 inches W x 16.625 inches L. They stack nicely as well. Probably enough room that you could fit (2) full `sets` of 6 pads + (2) 16oz bottles of polish/compound all in at the same time...grab and go. Goofy holiday color but meh...works nicely otherwise.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32628&stc=1

RaysWay
12-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Great price too

JustJesus
12-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Now that I have many more pads, that could work out better than the CD cases I`ve been using!
(and I`ve been looking for a new solution to account for my added pads)

BudgetPlan, have you tried these out yet? Thanks for posting this

mikejames
12-21-2016, 12:29 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32629&stc=1

I bought one of these and put 5" wheels on it. Installed handles on each side like what a heavy duty music instrument road case would use. I have a strip of plastic peg board attached to each side to hang brushes off of. I have the plastic peg board for the back also but don`t have it installed yet. Each drawer has 1 or 2 sizes of pads in each. Keeps all the pads very organized and easy to find. Also going to put some velcro strips down the back so after cleaning a pad I can stick it on to dry and then put it away.

ShakingHorizons
12-21-2016, 12:41 PM
I bought one of these and put 5" wheels on it. Installed handles on each side like what a heavy duty music instrument road case would use. I have a strip of plastic peg board attached to each side to hang brushes off of. I have the plastic peg board for the back also but don`t have it installed yet. Each drawer has 1 or 2 sizes of pads in each. Keeps all the pads very organized and easy to find. Also going to put some velcro strips down the back so after cleaning a pad I can stick it on to dry and then put it away.

Can you post a picture of your actual unit? Sounds intriguing!

Mary B
12-21-2016, 01:36 PM

:exactly: :popcorn

BudgetPlan1
12-21-2016, 01:40 PM
BudgetPlan, have you tried these out yet? Thanks for posting thisYeah, got 10 of `em...nice to see what pad/what container with just a glance. Right now kinda have `em packed with likely combos like LC 5.5 flat - Orange & White, Rupes 6" Blue and Yellow and so forth. Then have the `mutt box` which contains all the misc pads I have somehow acquired (Sheepskin???) and rarely ever use...musta got all these in combos/giveaways or sumthin`. Now i gotta find a clear 4" cylinder to keep the smaller pads in so they quit exploding outta the cabinet every time I open the doors.

mikejames
12-21-2016, 02:52 PM

I won`t hijack Budgetplan1 thread, so I will start a new one titled 4 drawer pad storage.

ShakingHorizons
12-21-2016, 03:05 PM
I won`t hijack Budgetplan1 thread, so I will start a new one titled 4 drawer pad storage.

I`ve already purchased 4 of Budgetplan1`s suggestion - so shill away!

BudgetPlan1
12-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Don`t make no difference to me...more options in one thread for anyone searching `pad storage` the better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mikejames
12-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Don`t make no difference to me...more options in one thread for anyone searching `pad storage` the better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn`t see your post before I started another thread 4 drawer pad storage.

JustJesus
12-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Yeah, got 10 of `em...nice to see what pad/what container with just a glance. Right now kinda have `em packed with likely combos like LC 5.5 flat - Orange & White, Rupes 6" Blue and Yellow and so forth.

I feel the same way, which is why i have my containers set up the way I do. But since I`ve added many more pads, I`m looking for other storage ideas. I like how you grouped them.

Now i gotta find a clear 4" cylinder to keep the smaller pads in so they quit exploding outta the cabinet every time I open the doors.

I don`t have a cylinder, but do have a rectangular plastic case (less than 3$ at Daiso Japan store (like a dollar store)) that fits the LC 3" pads pretty good.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/JustJesus_Video/Detailing%20Shots/IMG_20160801_192439843_zpsbfk4djk2.jpg (http://s711.photobucket.com/user/JustJesus_Video/media/Detailing%20Shots/IMG_20160801_192439843_zpsbfk4djk2.jpg.html)