PDA

View Full Version : Any 1Z Gurus / Fanbois in here ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mobiledynamics
12-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Last night, I was vacuming the wifes rig and her door panel is a bit dirty....
Went digging for the bottle of 1Z Plastic Cleaner I know I have sitting around that I`ve never used....

Anyhow, any big 1Z fans here.

my current go to:s
Cockpit
Blitz - Have 3 bottles cut 3 different ways
Colourtec - This is my go to wheel cleaner, I`ll use the Sonax if the wheels are extra dirty, but I like Colortec More
GummiFledge
Perls - mothers, fathers,july 4th, memorial day. It`s my go to once in awhile special bathe shampoo.

I have both their plastic cleaner and Industrial APC I`ve yet to use.
The Blitz bottles/cockpit cleaner sorta overlap them but one day I`ll get around to cracking the bottles open.

1Z/CarPro and pretty heavy hitters on my shelf

trashmanssd
12-21-2016, 09:34 AM
1Z Deep Plastic Cleaner or nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner is amazing. Had a bunch of 1-2 year old stains on my boats seats from being stored in side our welding and repair bay at work. Tried Megs apc 1:10, 1:4, 1:1, and straight and non of them would get the seats clean, I had basically given up. I got nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner from my secret Santa last year (had put in my questionnaire I was looking for a great vinyl plastic cleaner). I tried it on boats seats sprayed on agitate with brush and presto seat looked like new. It blew my mind, I will never fully understand the chemical process where one cleaner can do so great on one stain but not even touch another, must be magic.

tom p.
12-21-2016, 09:36 AM
I haven`t used the Plastic Cleaner but the Cockpit Premium is a favorite and I was using it just last night.Their glass cleaner is a recent "discovery" for me. Great stuff.

Angus
12-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Cockpit and GummiFledge are great! And you just reminded me I need to hit our door seals with GummiFledge ASAP.

mobiledynamics
12-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Trashman. Excellent post re: properties of said chemicals.
My current DD has white seats. I`m not a fan of leather conditioner, etc - afterall, it is coated . Granted on a micro/macro level, some stiff may permeate.

Anyhow, heavy RAW jeans types of guy. Wipe it down every 2-3 days with water. Not dice on the color transfer.
Cockpit won`t even make a dent in it - all this time, I`m thinking cockpit was very diluted perfumed APC, but who knows...

Anyhow, resorted to my Blitz bottles and that sofar has been removing the dye transfer.
I`m not CRAZED about using a akaline product on it....so at some point, I will probably whip out my leather stash and put some conditioner on it.

Which reminds me, maybe I should shoot Mike a email..

Accumulator
12-21-2016, 12:51 PM
I Like the Cockpit Premium, sorta like the GummiPfledge...well, OK I do like the GummiPfledge so I shouldn`t add that qualifier, but I do think the much pricier Wurth stuff is *slightly* better.I still use 1Z WaxPolishSoft on the `93 Audi and sometimes use 1Z High Gloss or the Pro-line version of their Metallic Polish. I still prefer the High Gloss over the much more popular M205.

mobiledynamics
12-21-2016, 12:57 PM
The solvents in my tins have solvented out....they were very thick the last time I touched them. Trashed them
You keep yours vac sealed while in storage B)

What wurth products do you like.
Some are bleh - meaning relabeled, made in USA stuff.
The Wurth product I always keep a few cans is their HHKS grease. Great stuff. Sprays out like a creep oil. Oil dissipate and leaves a small film of oil behind. Great for door latches versus...ahem, the usual white lithum goob

Accumulator
12-21-2016, 01:16 PM
mobiledynamics- Some of my 1Z polishes *are* still in their original ziplocks, but yeah...we`ll see if they stay OK as long as I`d like. Sheesh, that`d be a lot of $ down the drain if they don`t!Wurth stuff I like:-Rubber Care-GummiPledge-A/C anti-odor spray-Rost-Off (simply great in that it not only does the "free up rusted fastener and leave film behind" but it can also be cleaned off easily enough with solvents so paint will stick, which is more than I can say about a lot of similar products)-Contact OilAnd yeah, I`m still using up my last can of HHS 2000, old version of the HHKS...at least AFAIK.Their Body Cavity Wax is OK for what it is, but I prefer KBS Cavity Coater or ValuGard`s stuff (areas that don`t show) or Eastwood`s Black Heavy Duty Anti-Rust (for areas that do show).My one paint/body guy really likes their textured Stone Guard Body Schutz stuff (forget the proper name, IIRC they sell both water- and solvent-based versions) and it`s holding up *pretty* well in the Tahoe`s wheelwells (I suspect the limited chipping might be related to imperfect prep).Good to know you like their HHKS grease, I`ll keep that in mind when (if?) I run low on the stuff I`m currently using for that.

rlmccarty2000
12-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Big fan of the 1Z interior stuff for older trashed cars, such as the Deep Plastic Cleaner. Not a huge fan of the Perls shampoo, no suds (I know it was made that way). I just prefer lots of suds. The wheel cleaner is very good, well as good as any of the color changing wheel cleaners. I`m still using the 303 stick on door seals. Is the Gummi better than the 303? I was very happy when 1Z decided to keep manufacturing their products. There have some products that are not duplicated by other manufacturers, overall a very good lineup.

Accumulator
12-21-2016, 02:24 PM
I`m still using the 303 stick on door seals. Is the Gummi better than the 303?

I find that the 1Z Gummi works well and has *VERY* little transfer onto surfaces that contact bits that`ve been treated with it. I only prefer the Wurth because it left even less transfer when I did a side-by-side.

I`ve hardly ever used my 303, but IMO the 1Z/Wurth stuff dries "dryer" and thus cleaner with less likelihood of transfer.

Eh, with my limited experience with the 303 (for some reason it just never impressed me all that much) I probably shouldn`t go so far as to say the Gummi products are really better, but for the cost of the 1Z version I`d at least give it a try. Heh heh, since you *know* from the 303 I`d be interested to hear your take on how the two products compare. Easy for me to spend *your* money, huh?

ellens2
12-21-2016, 07:04 PM
I love their Cockpit Premium and Deep Plastic Cleaner, Gummi Pflege and their concentrated washer fluid (regular and anti-frost versions)

Accumulator
12-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Ellens2- Any issues from the Washer Fluid getting on paint? Some such products strip LSPs, some even etch paint if allowed to dwell too long (utterly trashed the hood of my `93 Audi before I got it) so I`m always leery of anything other than the regular blue stuff (not that I use my washers much, even in winter).

etnops
12-22-2016, 02:52 PM
I love their Cockpit Premium and Deep Plastic Cleaner, Gummi Pflege and their concentrated washer fluid (regular and anti-frost versions)

110% agree. Excellent products. I too, have and restock these on the regular.

ellens2
12-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Ellens2- Any issues from the Washer Fluid getting on paint? Some such products strip LSPs, some even etch paint if allowed to dwell too long (utterly trashed the hood of my `93 Audi before I got it) so I`m always leery of anything other than the regular blue stuff (not that I use my washers much, even in winter).

Accumulator, I`ve had no problems with it stripping the LSP and I think it does a better job cleaning than the standard blue. Though it would be hard to see on my current silver, I even used it on my prior Scuba Blue Audi and never found any damage. An added bonus is it smells good when you use it.

Swanicyouth
12-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah. I like their stuff, although I believe the line was faded out and a new line is coming with a new name...

I have the:

Colortec

Gummi Pfledge

Deep Plastic Cleaner

Spray Wax

The de-icer product